drivers rights?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ad356, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    That's bs, it doesn't lower anyone to any level, it is an equalizer if anything, everyone gets tested and held to the same exact standard, if someone failed then there is two possibiiities .. a false positive and an indication they were using drugs. There are means to address the former, but the latter is usually accompanied with lies and not denials.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Yes, we know all about that, the OP's frustration comes from being treated like a criminal for doing a good job. We're getting off the subject, as usual, I'm on the OP's side, all this drug testing crap hasn't made the world any safer, and lines the pockets of these testing centers. And, as shown, straight distracted people do as much or more damage than all the druggies put together. I'm not advocating drug use, but after about the 15th drug test, all things considered, I said up yers,,, and I just want to say, after thinking about this, years ago, I smoked a little weed, big deal, we all did, and all drug testing did was take good drivers off the road that may have smoked a little, and never killed anyone, and now, you get sub par drivers that can pee in a bottle, but still kill people.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Reason for edit: wrong word
  4. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    I am not a terroist. I am a truck driver, and I demand my rights just like the president Jimmy Carter says

[​IMG]

Intothesunset and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Holy ####. Hahahahaha!!

buddyd157 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Look at it this way. Your name gets pulled for a random or it's a after accident pee test you get getting paid to drive to the urgent care, sit there and wait, and then pee, and then back to the terminal....easy money.

7. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    "was minding my own business driving on east road in the town of wyoming. i saw acar out the corner of my eye and within asplit second he hits the side of my truck."

As a professional driver you should be scanning the intersection for approaching vehicles AND assume there's a risk. Especially during bad weather. The accident might have been avoided had you not "been minding your own business". Ever thought of it that way?

8. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Bottom line

Driving a commercial vehicle is a privilege, not a right

9. NewbiusErectus

NewbiusErectus Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I didn’t read thru 6 pages of this thread, so someone may have already asked .. but ..

If the other driver was at fault and no one died, why did you have to take a drug test?

10. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Company policy. They can require a driver to test after any accident. Whether DOT requires it or not

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    I did not see the op post what drug they had the day before? Alcohol, no fear. Canabis sativa, or meth, now you would need to be in fear of testing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.