Drivers vs Prime inc

Discussion in 'Prime' started by trucker28truck, Sep 17, 2018.

1. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    $700 a week -maybe-. A used truck near the end of it's term in the flatbed division might be that low.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. prosidius

prosidius Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Wisconsin
    Prime does not force people to lease. Leasing comes up once during orientation when they ask you if you're going company or lease. They don't pressure you one way or the other.

4. Turn4

Turn4 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Cheese land
    I myself worked there at about the same time. I for sure had my frustrations with some of the things they did. In my case however they never did push me to lease.
    My general recollections are that some of their business practices were at best shady at worst downright deceptive. Some of the things they did I found downright ridiculous and I remember the resentment I felt for all the working for free I did there.

trucker28truck and NoBigHurry Thank this.
  5. NoBigHurry

NoBigHurry Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Having read some of the legal briefs linked in the original post and the underlining legal statues, it is my opinion that Prime will lose the issue that is presented: i.e. whether Oliviera is a "transportation worker" or something else (independent contractor but not transportation worker). Prime claims he is an independent contractor and his case must be settle via a non-court arbitrator. Oliviera claims he is transportation worker and this is almost certainly the case if you read the individual case. This means his larger case, i.e. the contract he signed can be settled in court. I also think he will lose his larger case unless Prime failed to meet some provisions of the contract. Part of his case is about his CDL training program. What exactly he is during training (student, employee, independent contract without contract or indentured servant ) is anybodies guess.

Cattleman84 Thanks this.
  6. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Err $700 a WEEK

7. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    It is crazy to me that most comments on this thread were mostly pro Prime.

The worst of the worst training companies are almost always reefer compaines that push lease purchase (ie CR England, Stevens, Trans Am etc) but some how when a driver says I am driving around an 80,000 lbs truck with my temps making Prime money. Then when I get my license, I'm $6,000 in school debt and they hand me a contract to lease a $150,000 truck, there is something not right.

The Harvard School of Business grads on TTR bad mouth the guy. lol

These bottom feeder companies keep our pay from rising faster and more than it should. We have drivers picking up the same loads as a 20 year vet with their temporary license and you wonder why our pay is not higher.
    Go Prime lol.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Their both to blame...the company for being predatory and the driver for failing to do his due diligence and reading up the contract and or having a lawyer read it..if folks did their homework, these co's wouldn't be still doing this..

Elg1968 and NoBigHurry Thank this.
  9. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Drive for Prime and you'll be blue, cause the trucks only run 62.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.