Driving a new truck home. ELD?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Jmdavis86, Apr 7, 2022.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Your opinion doesn't a regulation make.
    But I'm done arguing with people that refuse to learn the regulations they work under.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    So anybody in NW Iowa buying a car in Sioux Falls SD should have an ELOG on the way home? You're wrong on this one.

flood Thanks this.
  4. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    @ZVar and your OPINION is wrong...

Why didn't you answer my question...?

Is a 3500 pu a CMV or a POV.....??

do you even know the definition of INTERSTATE COMMERCE...?

5. Jmdavis86

Jmdavis86 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2022
    This is my first truck so I don’t even own the ELD yet. I think the safest option is to just buy one when I get to Texas and use it so I don’t have any problems. I appreciate the help!

6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    OP'a first day here at TTR and first thread/posts. Probably wished he'd never asked now. Lol.
    @Jmdavis86 don't get discouraged about the site. Sometimes we get some good back and forth discussions where members will never agree.

25(2)+2, flood and Siinman Thank this.
  7. Jmdavis86

Jmdavis86 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2022
    Haha no worries here. The forum is great! I’ve lurked on here for a while but never got around to making a profile.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  8. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Hope we didn’t traumatize him. We’re a bunch of truck drivers. Anytime you put a crowd of them together it’s going to be a rowdy sandbox. That said, there’s way more good than bad around here in the way of vibe, information and people. You staff members do an amazing job of keeping a lid on the bad.

kemosabi49 and flood Thank this.
  9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Just run the temp the dealer gives you and you’ll be fine without one. It’s not a commercial vehicle when you’re just driving it home. For all they know it could wind up being a county plated farm truck when you get home. Now if you’ve already gotten a 45 day temp from your state and licensed it under your DOT number then that’s a different thing.

When I picked up my old truck in 2019 out in Montana I had already gotten a temp out of South Dakota for it. I got called in at the Laurel MT scale and showed them the temp from the dealer. Had no problems and turned around and walked out.

flood Thanks this.
  10. jdchet

jdchet Medium Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    So I guess all those folks driving those big RV/Motor homes across the country had best get their ELD's in order!

JD

flood and Rubber duck kw Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.