Driving barefoot.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TallJoe, Jul 26, 2020.

1. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Between fuel around the pumps, and the filth on truck stop bathroom floors getting on my shoes, then getting on my floor mat and pedals, I don't want that filth on my bare feet and in the sheets of my bunk. Glad it's comfortable, but I have my limits.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    The remedy to this was indicated as the footwear worn outside is taken off before entering the cabin. Inside, an alternative footwear is used or none.

Long FLD, tommymonza and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  4. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    But seriously I am not that sensitive. I can go without a shower or brushing my teeth for a week or two, if needed.
    Think about soldiers rotting in trenches on the Wester Front during WWI.
    I can't prove it scientifically but I assert that masculinity should embrace filth along other adversities. Therefore, trucking is a masculine occupation. Females driving trucks solo are doing it thanks to developments in technology and their successful emancipation.
    This is what I think and I will not change my mind.

650cat425 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  5. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Undeleted because another member managed to be fast enough and commented on it.

Deleted message:
    Therefore, all of you stirile people needing to wipe your arses with wet tissues every time you poop or taking showers twice a day, brushing teeth after each meal, throwing cologne on you after each time you shave.
    Disgusted by using TA / Petro provided towels or using the same pee jar for more than a few times...I don't nessecarly disapprove of you but do feel for you. It must be tough. Very tough for you to servive out here.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    650cat425 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Some people refuse to be slobs. Other people embrace their filth.
    How you do anything is usually how you do everything.

7. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    These people that claim to drive barefoot....I guess they have slip ons. Think of the number of times you have to get out and open and close doors, crank landing gear, etc. I just leave my shoes on, and when it's time to go to the bunk I leave them in front of the driver's seat.

Brettj3876, TallJoe and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  8. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    As you could notice, I decided to delete of what I had said as I did not want to change otherwise light theme into something controversial and perhaps inflammatory. Perhaps, I did not exactly agree with what I said either. Therefore, I deleted it....

You left me no choice but to undelete it now.

Now I have to stay behind what I said.

I am not saying everyone must embrace their filth but rather should be able to or have the capacity of doing it.
    I naturally prefer neatness and cleanliness from filth but the latter will not destroy my psyche in times of crises where there is no running water and soap available.

spindrift, 650cat425 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  9. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I keep baby wipes, Gojo, bottled water, trash bags, etc. In my truck. I might not can shower, but I make do with what I have available. A case of water is only about $3.00. Handy for everything, including brushing your teeth....and last but not least.....drinking!

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  10. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I use baby wipes too and keep myself and truck interior very clean and well sanitized. I wear pajamas when going to sleep and during winter times I put on a shlaffmatze on my head. These days I use hand sanitizer 100 times a day.
    However, driving barefoot on a hot day feels good. Being afraid of contaminating your body by touching pedals is ludicrous. You pose more risk of contaminating yourself by patting your own dog that is all to happy to wallow and swallow a bird's #### or lick others dogs as.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  11. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I wear Crocs, but not camo. Camo = Overcompensating.

86scotty, not4hire and tommymonza Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.