driving for us express

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by tntrucker14, Dec 10, 2010.

1. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    USX should be on your last places of anywhere to work. You should look anywhere else but USX to start your career.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    this from someone that has less than 3 weeks driving

4. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Again, you are incorrect, I was there longer then that. Sorry that I am not the Super Trucker that you are.

5. Gearfloater

Gearfloater Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Baltimore maryland
    Just get thru the training first. You may want to also know that when you team, you and your co driver split the cents per mile. a solo driver may get .36cpm.
    that's 36 cents per mile going to the truck. if you guys get 36 cents per mile, you will split that cents per mile. So do the math.
    I hope this helps.
    Thanks

6. timdrivincrazy

timdrivincrazy Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2009
    baycity.mi
    I never had a problem working here.I was here 4, 5 yrs.But i wouldn't even consider running over the rd with them,I don't play that sliding pay scale game I was dedicated the whole time here,so if you can't get on a dedicated accnt.I'd probably check some other comp before you commit.when i started here we had nice roomy trks.volvo 780's.full size pete's and kw's.now they cheaped out with small bunk flat top pete's and small bunk intertrshanals.good luck.there has been way to many changes for me none good,so i left.2 weeks ago.

7. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Do you understand how this works? If you "do the math" you will find that in your example, a solo driver would get .36 a mile on lets say 2500 miles where a team driver would get half the pay on 5000 miles. The exact same amount of money. USX pays hazmat teams .48 a mile. So a solo driver would make $900 while a team driver would make $1200 per week.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  8. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    That's what we've learned at US Xpress. The money is doing dedicated. OTR was a lot of grunt work with inconsistent pay.

I wish US Xpress still had the Volvo 780s. I've seen the interior of the Total 780s. Im jealous.

Good luck Tim with your new job. I hope you will still visit this section and share your tips on how to succeed at US Xpress.

9. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Volvo service and the 08 Volvo d13 are the reason usx stopped getting Volvo's

a lot of Volvo service wasn't doing repairs in a timely..... I dealer had 5 trucks sitting for a week without working on them (they had the part in stock) it took the term manger, shop supervisor, the guy that orders all the trucks for usx(don't remember his name) and the head of breakdown walking into the dealer to get them working on the trucks..... ours was done 6 hr's later.

every 2008 Volvo with the d13 was bad.... from 100k-250k ours was IN THE DEALER every 20k-22k 1 HEAD, 5 turbo's...! 6 set of injectors cups, 4 set of injectors, 7 flex pipes now granted the head 1 set of cup's and injectors and 1 turbo was because a dealer didn't do a repair right the first time..... but think about it all 1500 plus 2008 Volvo's usx had did the same thing....

just like the reason usx stopped getting auto's MOST of the late 09 and early 10 had bad programing and would burn out the clutch in under 100k

10. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Wow. That's a lot of Max's money Volvo stole.

11. youngscholar

youngscholar Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2012
    chicago, il
    Just left orientation this past week. US Xpress where getting away with autos but not anymore. They are bringing them back. This came from the lead tech. He said that the manuals where giving them more trouble then the autos that eaton wanted to stop with the warrantys on them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.