Driving in Iraq.

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by TRossi46, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faujky

faujky Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Manchester, TN
    I just looked up their site. They had 6 driving jobs available. They also have alot of other job openings. They'll email you back about positions

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Going Long

Going Long Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Listen to Semper fi..you DO NOT want to go there..I was contracted by Hali for a year(returned March of this year)..did my time(plus some) and made a pile of money Tax free..don't know where the other guy got his info..but anything earned overseas is tax free as long as you stay over a year or more..it's not a glamorous job..hot/cold long hours..waiting and never knowing if the ballon is going to go up..bad food most times..driving junk trailers..you're not supposed to be armed but it's overlooked if you have training..the Hajies hate you no matter what you do..but hell it's like that here.

I'm ex-Army so had no problems signing on..if you're ex military it will help.

Any questions give me a shout.

4. Iraqvet

Iraqvet Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Ashtabula Ohio
    Going Long i just retuned in April from doing recovery with KBR.The ONLY thing that is tax free is the income tax.YOU WILL PAY S.S. AND MEDICARE..Its like $700 a month.And the only way to avoid paying income tax is to stay out of the U.S for 330 days out of 365.It does not have to be consecutive,but has to be 330 in a 365 period.Not sure where you got the "armed being overlooked" part,but that isnt true.The military will not hand out weapons,and u will not br buying an AK-47 from the locales either..

5. Going Long

Going Long Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Never said anything about buying a AK from the locals..as for SS and Medicare that's not income tax..wasn't thinking about that at all..just the taxman.

6. Iraqvet

Oct 28, 2007
    Ashtabula Ohio
    No,but some guys have told some pretty good whoppers about buying stuff from the locals lol..S.S. and medicare do add up while you are working there though..I was 23/24 and even makin the good money we did goin off base in recovery,its still a kick in the groin to have to pay those to things when you should legally be %100 exempt from them all...But no one had to pay anything til the bailout came about...

7. Interstate Boogiefoot

Interstate Boogiefoot Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Florida
    If you are driving a Hummer you are always a fast moving target in Iraq, If you are driving a big truck you are a Turtle target.

8. Iraqvet

Oct 28, 2007
    Ashtabula Ohio
    Thats not true lol..The kbr trucks(except the military 915's kbr "borrowed" from the miltary) will out run just about everything the military has..The problem is,if u find yourself in a situation where you are outrunning the military you are in big trouble..

9. Volsfan

Volsfan Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2009
    On The Road
    KBR just posted about 50 more driving jobs on their website. OTR and delivery jobs. All require Class A, hazmat and tanker, and 3-5 years experience. Keep your heads down.

10. Iraqvet

Oct 28, 2007
    Ashtabula Ohio
    The on base jobs are not bad,except the suck trucks that do the porta johns..The fuel,water,ice,and the flatbed jobs on base are like any other job..You work 12 hour days 7 days a week..Line haul has different rules lol..12 hours could be just a guidline....

11. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

My husband wants one of these jobs.:biggrin_25513: Crazy fool.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.