Driving OTR with US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Wedge, Mar 24, 2012.

1. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Ask the safety guy at your nearest terminal. Recruiter will say whatever.

Dobermann Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tolson

tolson Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Ankeny, Iowa
    I can think of drivers who qualify as aggressive breeds...and then hey, they lack sociability. I was bit by another drivers Blue doberman at a truck stop a few years ago...flat took out after me from 20 yards away, grabbed my arm...scarred the crap out of me. I'm a dog lover, but folks need to keep their harmless pouch under control in strange surroundings. Most do, but then.....

Dobermann Thanks this.
  4. Dobermann

Dobermann Bobtail Member

May 2, 2013
    Thats a bad dog, my dog wont.

5. Dobermann

Dobermann Bobtail Member

May 2, 2013
    ok...so i know what terminal ill be training out of ...how do i get hold of safety.If i call the terminal who do i ask for...i am already been prehired.Was going to go at the end of the month. I would be running NE dedicated ...or at least thats what the recruiter told me.

6. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    call 800 254 6291 ask for safety

7. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia

ROTFLMAO.

Now that's funny.

Yeah. I'm solo. Longest runs I get are 1200 - 1400 miles.

8. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia

I took, or will take, a 34 reset in a situation that prevents me from running. Sometimes things happen that prevent me, and I'm sure others, from running for at least 8 or 9 hours a day (breakdowns, un-loading delays, etc.).

I stay on-top of my logs and always know how many hours I'm getting back and when hours will not be in my favor.

For example, right now I'm in Laredo, TX at our terminal doing a 34. I've been running real hard and only had 16 hours left. My total for this week is about 2700 miles. I'm taking the 34 because chances are a load out of here will be at least 1000 miles, and not getting hours back could create issues with the deliverer and force me into a re-power scenario.

Getting back hours like that (3,4,4) is not common, not for me, anyway.

I hope this helps.

Darius11 Thanks this.
  9. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Hello There. :biggrin_25511:

I'm sitting at the Flying J in Warrenton, MO, "very" ahead of schedule for my load which delivers in Hazelwood, MO on Monday. So dispatch is setting me up to re-power another truck. He's out of hours with a load that delivers in Topeka, KS. We'll swap loads out here at the TS.

Last weeks settlement sheet: 2,569 miles.

In other news:

I had a chance to see my son yesterday. I just happened to be in the neighborhood (KS). Definitely a fringe benefit of driving OTR. :biggrin_25525:

I guess I'll go watch a movie while I await the arrival of the RP truck.

"The Hurricane"..........about Rubin Carter.......starring Denzel Washington.

I heard it was pretty good. I'll report back.

Thanks for reading.
    -Wedge

10. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Haven't seen it but anything with Denzel is worth watching in my opinion. ;)

11. Stand4112

Stand4112 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    I am a relatively new driver out of CA. I have a co-driver and we are looking at leaving our current company for one that runs more miles and offers better pay. I would appreciate any comments (pros and cons) you are willing to share about US Xpress.

Thank you!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.