driving over 14hr limit...elog

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by kloy, May 13, 2012.

1. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    No it does not send that info to the DOT. If you were laden you should have just logged it and had dispatch send their comments about violating regs over the QCom. People go over. If it is a rare instance you'll get a pass. If however it is frequent you company will probably react before the DOT.

As a side note why are people so enfatuated with changing HOS instead of holding companies feet to the fire. Load the truck at the appointment time or I'm leaving it until I can legally move it. Same goes for unload. The problem in my opinion is not the HOS but people allowing customers to get away with crap like that while loading unloading.

Dagger and MNdriver Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Not with our system . If personal conveyance is selected you stay Off Duty even if the truck moves and the miles don't count on your daily total . The miles are recorded as PC miles though .
    Also we do post trips before logging Off Duty . Even when logged On Duty the e-logs will not go to Driving until a pretrip is done .

4. biggare1980

biggare1980 Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Springfield, Ohio
    Take it for what's its worth but I read in another thread on here that a driver refused to move his truck cause his hours were up.Even blocked one of their docks..lol! Think that's what we all need ro start doing,might do some good eventually.

5. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    I have had a Walmart driver do that. A couple years ago I was grabbing some plastic flower pots in Pa. The Blue and White China wagon driver came in twice to warn them he needed to get loaded so he could go park legally over at Walmart and if he reached his 14th hour he would be taking his break in their dock. Sure as duck dropping about a half hour later one of the guys comes out and knocks on his door to get him to sign his bills. Driver said nope I am Off Duty on my break and to do so I would have to restart it. Feel free to call ***-***-****(Walmart dispatch I guess) and they will be happy to discuss it with you.

When I left an hour later he was still there and they had like 8 trucks lined up waiting on two docks. I guess the moral of that story is don't tick off Walmart.

Had a Tyson driver threaten that at an Aldi but he moved to the parking area when the wrecker showed up.

I have almost left my trailer at AG in Anniston. The security gaurd brought me my bills as I was disconnecting. But you have to have a company that will back you for that to work.

6. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Not according to this
    http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/administration/fmcsr/fmcsrruletext.aspx?reg=395.1&guidence=Y

Tazz Thanks this.
  7. NewNashGuy

NewNashGuy Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    US and Canada
    Yeah perhaps give us one hour a day of free driving time that would be nice. I would go out to a nice restaurant and visit the landmarks of each major city.

8. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    FMCSR allows bobtailing off duty . There is a controversy whether it allows doing so with an unloaded trailer . Some carriers don't allow it but that is their policy not FMCSA's .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.