Driving preferred day or night?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by donb1959, Feb 16, 2013.

Prefers Day or night driver?

1. *

Wanna drive at night?

52.2%
  2. *

Wanna drive during the day?

52.2%
  1. donb1959

donb1959 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Charleston SC
    Ok, do you guys prefer driving day or night? I'm a night owl, so I think I would prefer to drive then, sleep days. Can you ever work your way into which driving preference you have?

I can see the sides of both ways.

NIGHT DRIVING= Less traffic, cooler temps, less cramped in truck stops for your break..etc
    DAY DRIVING= More visibility, hmm, maybe you guys can help with more pros.

Stay Safe. Thanks in advance!:biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pokerhound67

pokerhound67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 30, 2012
    i prefer night driving, and for otr drivers, no you cant make it so you do one or the other exclusively. the "experts" would add that sleeping during the day is unnatural, and the human body will never adapt to it fully. those that try are more susceptible to illness and fatigue. i take that with nearly half a grain of salt.

the exception to the "no you cant" would be team driving, which nearly requires a regular 12 hour/12 hour split between the 2 team members.

4. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Whenever the load is ready!! Rain,Sleet, or Snow. If I have 11 hrs this chicken hauler is ready to go. Yee Haw!!

5. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Winter I start early like 5 summer I start at ten so I can shut down round midnight and have cool air

losttrucker Thanks this.
  6. Knotme

Knotme Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    I have driven day as well as night and teams. Nights and Team is hard for sleeping, some guys can't sleep in a moving truck where other can, nights were nice as far as the traffic goes but you always, or at least I always feel tired right up to just a couple of days before I was going on break and then having to switch back to being awake days with the family.
    If I had my choice and the needs of freight didn't matter I would rather drive days, early start and finish the day in the late afternoon....but we do what we have to don't we

Moving Forward Thanks this.
  7. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    If I'm running team its not an issue of day or night, so much as if the other driver knows how to driving a manor for the sleeping partner to be able to stay asleep.

8. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    I could never team. I like my cb loud and my radio louder. Except going up n down hills. Then the radio is off I like to listen to my engine then.

9. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    Thats what I did; although in Jackson,MS I swear it could be midnight and the temp would still be 90 with 90% humidity!! LOL

10. sapamil

sapamil Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Middletown Ohio
    i prefer to start abt 3-4am

11. playamwj12

playamwj12 Heavy Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I prefer to start aboug 2 or 3 in the morning and done early. I will change my schedule asmuch is needed though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.