Driving without sleep

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by GOD & COUNTRY, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's why some of us are cut out for reefers and some aren't. You're exactly right, the way you described it is the way most of my career was. I preferred it that way too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    drivers arent tired anymore since the elog mandate, its a miracle lol

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Just remember this op, when you fall asleep and kill someone, you can get an education in prison.

driverdriver and buddyd157 Thank this.
  5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Ya that was pretty common. The worse scare i had was when my father saw me one night at a rest area on us 30 over in western Ohio. I think it was 30, might of been 224. Anyway it was one of those rest areas that you cam enter from both directions of travel and with only parallel parking. He spun around and came back so he could nose right up to my truck. Both of us running k100 cabovers. He nosed up to within inches of me so many eyes to his windshield was probably under 2 ft. turned all his lights on and hit the air horn. I hit the brake so hard it blew a pancake out of a brake chamber. I've never been so mad in my life and he #### near gave himself a heart attack laughing so hard.

driverdriver Thanks this.
  6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Yep and we all ran on the brink of exhaustion. I dont care what anyone says, going for a month at a time and never getting more than 2 or 3 hours of sleep in one block is not only very unhealthy, it is flat out dangerous when driving.

ZVar, JReding, Chinatown and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. arkanstigers

arkanstigers Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2017
    i had my schedule flipped often. Adafinil. Pro drug to modafinil, legal and no recreational value. It keeps you awake alert and focused. Used for pilots in the air force. Will not show up on any drug test.

8. tndriver

tndriver Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2011
    mid south tn
    Forget all the energy drinks and pills. If you've never had one. When your in the south grab you a sundrop.

RedRover Thanks this.
  9. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    Nothing helps except for sleep when you’re tired. Period. Grab the load and put whatever miles on it that you can, make sure dispatch knows you’re running on borrowed time and have them repower it.

fargonaz Thanks this.
  10. fargonaz

fargonaz Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Mesa, AZ
    Please expound.

11. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    All that energy drink crap is bad for you. My old partner started drinking that 5 hr energy stuff. wasnt very long he was drinking alot of it. then he got to where it dint work at all and he couldnt stay awake for #### -

Remember - what goes UP must come DOWN

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.