Dropping neck on mechanical DD

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by nikmirbre, Jan 23, 2018.

1. SAR

SAR Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2011
    ND
    If you used a vice grip on the shaft and grab a cordless impact I'll bet you'll get it off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Yea I bet so lol... I don’t want to break it!

snowman_w900 Thanks this.
  4. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Been running pretty good here since getting trailer back. Only part I'm kinda having trouble getting used to is the not loading every day part. I grew up on flatbed and unloading and loading everyday was part of the way I ran.

Its hard to load one day and unload the next. Then may deadhead 300 miles and load the next day. Ive done about 2 loads per week. Less than 1700 loaded miles per week. Been bringing in some good $. Just trying to learn how to be patient and realize that I don't need to reload every day.

For instance the last 2 weeks this is what I did...
    Abeville SC-Savannah GA ( picked Mon-del Monday)
    Charleston SC-Gulfport MS (picked Tuesday Wed)
    Pascagoula MS-Crane Indiana (picked Wed del thurs)
    Then sat in Indiana until Saturday....(First weekend without going home in quite awhile)
    Deadhead to Pottstown PA for a Sunday 6am pickup to deliver in Monroe Michigan Sunday afternoon... (it paid me $3000 which is why the long deadhead and I didn't want to sit all weekend.

Then the next week.... I sat in Michigan until Tuesday afternoon deadhead to Cincinnati and load Wednesday morning and deliver in Rockford ILL Thursday morning...
    I then deadhead to Camp Atterbury and reload Thursday afternoon and deliver Friday afternoon in Athens GA. I go home after unloading and reload in Knoxville Monday to deliver Tuesday.

2 weeks and almost the same amount of $ both weeks...

snowman_w900, truckmaster9400 and cke Thank this.
  5. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I’ve been trying to stay busy... been doing a few of these blue tanks for an agent. Thinking about grabbing my flatbed tomorrow.... I need to get a DOT inspection on it anyway. Anyone know where I can get some Clevis hooks? At least rated for 12000- 13000 lbs?

cke Thanks this.
  6. beastr123

beastr123 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Moose Jaw SK CAN
    nikmirbre Thanks this.
  7. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    Do you want slip hooks or grab hooks?

We’ve been using Campbell hooks lately, they’re made in America and seem to be pretty good stuff at a reasonable price.

snowman_w900, SAR, Oxbow and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.