Drug Screen

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by MGASSEL, Jul 1, 2007.

1. truckerjaw

truckerjaw Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2007
    If you are knowledgeable about drug screens can you tell me something? Are the tests advanced enough now to tell the difference between a poppy seed muffin and heroin related narcotics? I love a poppy seed muffin or bagel every no and then but I won't eat them on the road because of a fear of failing a random test.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rocksteady

rocksteady Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Canton, Mi.
    Usually the drug screen only will test you for THC, PCP, Cocaine, and Heroine. I was told by a lab tech. years ago that poppy seeds or sesame seeds would have to be consumed in a great quantity and shortly before to test pos. for narcotics. They know if they are dealing with seeds from a bagel or the real thing mainly by the counts of units in the urine or blood.

Remember to speed safe.

4. roadhog

roadhog Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2007
    No man's land, Ohio
    Yes - you have to eat more than just one every now and then, and remember too, the screen are very specific in most cases, the ones now can sometimes distiquish those "cover-up" drugs they sell. So, if you are using - QUIT - you could fail a screening by using a cover-up drug too. They figure if you have it in your system, your using something, even if they can't pinpoint what "it" is.

5. truckerjaw

truckerjaw Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2007
    ooohhhh goodie, time to fine me a good muffin.

6. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I ran into this issue a few years ago. Here's what I found.

Keep a list of drugs used by the dentist, and all prescriptions. Make them aware of the work you had done, and drugs that were used. As long as you have a current prescription for them, you are fine. Even if it expired....recently of course.

My main concern was the use of drugs with "caine" in the name. I was worried they would produce a positive for cocaine use. I found out, that they are not the same. Although cocaine can be used as part of a dental proceedure, the dentist must make you aware of it, and must be licensed/permitted by the DEA to provide the drug for the proceedure. He/she must also provide you with written documentation of the use of said drug.

7. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Don't they test for ampethemines also? I thought that was the big one?

8. jonness

jonness Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Saint Mary's Ohio
    What drugs show up on a test? does any one know how long it will stay in your body before no show?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.