DRUG Testing question

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by bakenast, Mar 20, 2017.

1. bakenast

bakenast Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2016
    ok ive been out of driving for a few months and i used marijuana, since i live in a legal state, but im not sure if its cleaned out of my system completly and I have a pre employment drug test and a physical tommrw for a part time driving job. My question is if I was to fail the test does it go on my record? Even though im not employed by the company yet? I know the failed tests when working goes on the record but not sure of this situation?? thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    Go to a walking clinic & get yourself tested. Check the results & then you will know.

4. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Yes. It goes on your record. I believe the testing lab is required to report it to the feds. Regardless of who reports it, it goes on your record and you cannot drive until you go through the feds "return to duty" process.

Better to turn down the job offer and walk away than to get popped. My $0.02

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Youre gonna want to find someone to drug test you proper. And you will definately find out for sure.

If the company demands a hair follicle test it's going to be months for that stuff to clear out of you via the hair. Maybe show up shaved head. No hair for them to test maybe. Be up front with them. You came out of a legal pot state. They can expect a dirty test result.

You DO NOT want a offical trucking company dirty test result anywhere on your records. It will be a stain against you for months if not years pertaining to hireability.

In fact I think there is a process in which you have to endure in order to be certfied a good boy and go forth and sin no more with the vices. You best not even go apply at all for at least a year. And NO POT or anything for that long. If you are truly dedicated to getting clean, then get yourself REALLY clean. Hair testing is incresingly common because it can take months to clear something out of there and detected that way.

6. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Shaving your head won't help. They know where to find hair elsewhere. Legs. Arms. Arm pits. Chest. Back. Nose. Ears. They'll find it.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  7. bakenast

bakenast Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2016
    ok thanks I wasnt sure since it was pre employment, ill probably just wait and find a different job when im sure

8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    man, this will get ugly soon.........but, my personal advice is to skip the test. You know you're gonna show up hot, and it will go on your record. After that, you have 2 choices, stop smoking weed, or give up any hope of being a driver; it all depends on whats more important to you. I'll make no character judgments, mostly because I'm not that way and when I was in my late teens and early 20's I smoked a metric ton of the stuff. But, I found something that was more important to me than smoking weed, and I stopped that day. It's all a matter of priorities......simple as that.

pattyj, Broke Down 69 and stevep1977 Thank this.
  9. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Well said Opus, yea go test and get the hit on your record.. Wait about 6 months, if you really think you want to be a truck driver..
    Legal state or not. Federal laws do not allow it

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  10. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    On a more serious note, the main question is how much did you use and when did you use it. Simply stating that you were out of trucking for a few months and that you "used" pot provides absolutely no useful information

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.