Dry van trailer shortage

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by pumpkinishere, Jun 28, 2021.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    It's for store delivery where there's no dock or limited space. You pull up on the street at the sidewalk and the store sets their roller in there from their man door (or some trucks have their own rollers slung underneath the trailer) then you start rolling boxes off one by one.

slow.rider, oscarp and DUNE-T Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Beaver9

Beaver9 Heavy Load Member

Jun 15, 2020
    Can you share where? :)

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  4. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    There are quite a few going through the auctions right now. That also means a lot of smaller trucking companies with shops are buying them at auction, fixing them up and flipping them since the used market is ridiculous right now. You're probably best off searching places like FB Marketplace to find these for sale rather than the normal larger truck/trailer sales routes. Just doing a quick search on there I found a bunch.

Call around to smaller local trucking companies as well. A lot of times they can point you in the right direction to smaller local sources of truck equipment for sale.

5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    It is quite a phenomena. Unprecedented?

It is interesting to observe that it is the scarcity of equipment and parts have become a factor as to whether someone is in business or not. It is pretty hilarious, if you think about it.

Imagine a bearded dude who is a knowledgeable miner and knows that he is standing over a creek full of gold but all he has is bare hands...could not find and buy tools and money was not even a problem.

Paraphrasing, the gold mines are real and confirmed, yet the gold rush is effectively tampered by the lack of...digging tools.
    The privileged are those with shovels, spades and picks, while those without can't get them anywhere and they can only watch...

I am sorry to be like that, and of course, I was exaggerating comparing anything to a gold mine...

Beaver9, Big_D409 and r2db Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.