Dryer purging ever 30 seconds

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by bkellerm, Nov 18, 2009.

1. underpass

underpass Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2017
    I have a 1985 International that I am fixing up. it purges every 30 sec. I have replaced the safety valve the governor. I am fixing to rebuild the unloader valve in the air compressor. It is a cummins ss296 compressor. How hard is this and are there any info out there on the repair. The engine is a L10 cummins.

2. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    In 1985 I was watching Saturday morning cartoons in my Spider Man pj's.

Jammer' and Pmarrero88 Thank this.
  3. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Road Train Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Retired in Taunton Ma
    I was too, but I was 35

spyder7723, BigBob410 and Heavyd Thank this.
  4. Fidus

Fidus Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Franklin Park, IL
    Did u ever figure it out?

5. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    If you are talking about the Cummins one lung compressor unloader kit it's is not that bad. The trick is getting the valve seat out without removing the head. Screw a course thread tap into the center, 5/8's I thank. Clamp some curved jaw vice grips on to that with the handle pointed up a bit. Bump the top of the handle to pop the seat out. Clean all the surfaces, magnet and blow out the cylinder, good to go.
    If there is oil in the tanks replace the compressor.

6. knight2448

knight2448 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2016
    You must be the moron parked next to me right now with his air dryer popping every 30 seconds. Stop being lazy and cheap. Fix your broke truck so I can get some sleep. I don't know how anyone can sleep through and ignore it. Oh, you must be the neighbor in my apartment building ignoring the low battery warning on the smoke alarm too. Change your battery, 9 volt batteries are cheap and it could save your life if there is a fire.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.