DT466 No Crank

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by sickntwisted, Sep 10, 2014.

1. sickntwisted

sickntwisted Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Really check the wiring harness good that run up along the left side of the top of the engine. It likes to rub through there and break wires.

sickntwisted Thanks this.
  4. RSQ20

RSQ20 Medium Load Member

Sorry for the delayed response... dealing with wife (TIA)..

The "N" indicated the TCU is happy with power supplies and X/Y shifter positioning..

For some reason the ECM is not happy: Have you tried toning out the harness (non destructive)?

... Philip

sickntwisted Thanks this.
  5. sickntwisted

Sep 9, 2014
    Yes I have gutted the harness from the truck and ohm out the wires no resistance in them I'm still waiting on the emc to get to the shop feel like a 5 year old at Christmas I still have a strong feeling that it's a power or ground issue my luck be a tiny pin hole in a wire somewhere

6. RSQ20

RSQ20 Medium Load Member

Unfortunately measuring a circuit under no load with a low voltage source (meter), may not manifest the critical criteria the ECU is sensitive to...

Had one this spring that turned out to be a damaged wire casing (mechanic induced by pin pricking to do tests), Internal corosion on main power wire to TCM... Tested good under no load condition.. but module was not happy... power and sensor circuits MUST be clean source..

... Philip

Heavyd and sickntwisted Thank this.
  7. servicemanager

servicemanager Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2014
    I have allison DOC v11 if anybody is interested.
    Never use it anymore.

8. sickntwisted

Sep 9, 2014
    Sorry guys been horribly sick in bed for a week I'm not sure if the New ecm and idm and wire harness has come in yet I haven't been to the shop in a week and my husband hasn't said anything about it coming in cause he knows I'll drag my sick butt to the shop only cause I've been determined to get this truck running... I will let you all know any new details on this once I get back to work :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    Heavyd Thanks this.
  9. mxmanny

mxmanny Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2019
    Hello all, having the same issue on my 2006 4300 DT466

replaced brand new batteries
    New 39MT starter

Seems like there is no ground getting to the main fuse box on driver side engine compartment. Put in a ground cable at 85 pin on starter relay socket, put relay back in, truck cranks but does not start.

the main 100 amp amg fuse seems to be a little melted on one side. Cleaned contacts and terminals, checked voltage on both posts with fuse on. 12.34v on both posts. Have not tried under load or cranking key.

only codes i get
    2033_14A

Any help is greatly appreciated

10. mxmanny

mxmanny Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2019
    Hello all, having the same issue on my 2006 4300 DT466

replaced brand new batteries
    New 39MT starter

Seems like there is no ground getting to the main fuse box on driver side engine compartment. Put in a ground cable at 85 pin on starter relay socket, put relay back in, truck cranks but does not start.

the main 100 amp amg fuse seems to be a little melted on one side. Cleaned contacts and terminals, checked voltage on both posts with fuse on. 12.34v on both posts. Have not tried under load or cranking key.

only codes i get
    2033_14A

Any help is greatly appreciated

Manny

11. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The engine itself allows the starter to crank. So if the engine ECM isn't booting up, it will not crank. Check your ecm fuses and ground connections at the batteries. Should be 40 amps. Make sure they aren't melted or spread connectors.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.