Dudw Shot 60 Times (at least) For Driving Poorly

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Opus, Jul 3, 2022.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    That doesn't make me feel better. We know "multiple officers" fired an "estimated 90 rounds". My first question is why don't we have an exact number. Officers should know how many rounds they started with, and counting what's left shouldn't be a problem, but let's stick with 90 rounds. 90 rounds to hit 60 times is worrisome. At best it means some officers were taking shots when they didn't have a clear target, or were firing blindly. Lowering the hit rate makes the officers look less competent, not more.

mjd4277, Opus and buddyd157 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    what am I assuming?

4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Honestly, if you ended up watching Tatum's video. He clearly explains the training and the mentality. Unlike some here who arm chair quarterback and think, Oh let's shoot twice and "wing him." That is NOT what cops are taught. Because a person assumed to have a gun and be attempting to fire on you. Is met with deadly force. Period. The officers can't assume that Bob or Tom, or whatever the next cop is, is going to take the guy out. they all have to assume they are the only one. They fire till the assailant stops moving.

I've said something many times. We are only talking about a high amount of bullets. Because there was a large police presence. So, if only two or three officers had shown up. the bullet count would have been half as much. Then no one would be saying a thing.

So math. Lets assume that only half of the wounds are through and through. That means only 45 shots. From 8 officers. That is literally only 6 shots per officer. Actually a little under. But most likely not all even hit. So that is roughly a 50% hit ratio. Which goes back to if it had only been two copes we'd be talking 12. But you had a dangerous person firing a weapon at LEO. So all the LEO in the area came into play to save lives. No gun shot. Probably would have had the pursuit stopped due to fear of traffic fatality. Guy pulls over and gets ticket. The issue would have never even happened.

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    and the other 30 went some place other than the dude.......just sayin

gentleroger and buddyd157 Thank this.
  6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    And this is what ya'll don't get about me.....
    The rule in this house is, "If it comes out, it's going off."

Once again, and for the last time, I don't dispute the shoot, I simply thought that 90 shots at 1 dude was excessive. And I still do.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    The point im laking is this.. Like Tatum stated in the video we don’t know how many other ones were entry and exit wounds from the same round… Like Tatum stated in if he’s got 30 entrance wounds then that means less than four rounds per officer on average were fired which is not out of the realm of normalcy when officers are returning fire towards a suspect who has already fired on them and was reaching for his waist band..

I can say with certainty that The shooting was justified for one secondly getting out of a vehicle with a ski mask on in the middle of the summer at 12:30 1 o’clock in the morning with a firearm in his possession in the vehicle certainly looks like he was up to no good… The officer‘s fired a taser at him a multiple times to no avail…

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  8. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    You shoot until the threat is stopped...dead. Period. An injured aggressor can just as easily fire a gun laying on the ground, running away or standing straight up right in front of you.

It's clear how many people in this thread have never actually been shot at. All it takes is one time to realize you do everything in your power to prevent it from ever happening again.

9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i don't see any reason, for anyone having to be shot at, to see your point of view..

10. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    And that is the issue under discussion from the start of the thread. Training and mentality.

"Training plays a role too; just as we can get faster at drawing our weapon, we can get faster at responding to a stop stimulus"

Understanding Police Officer Reaction Time to Stop Shooting

In an actual shootout a single cop shot 33 rounds, 14 of which found the criminal. All while being actively shot at. What ended things was the officer saying "Hey, I need to slow down and aim better.’”

Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the job

With 8 officers, any officer without a clear sight picture shouldn't be pulling the trigger. Once the subject is headed for the ground, fire should cease and officers should head for cover. If the officers are giving orders, only one officer should be speaking (please see Daniel Shaver or Andrew Finch)

Police need better training. They need to be trained better on deescalation and on proper use of force. We need better standards on when and how to engage in pursuits. We need honest after action investigations, without a hint of cover ups and to hold officers accountable for misconduct.

We also need to stop using police for non-police functions. Police should not be dealing with the homeless, the mentally ill, or routine school discipline.

Opus and buddyd157 Thank this.
  11. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Incorrect. You make the target dead. Because anything less. Risks lives. Sorry. It's as simple as that. An assumed armed assailant. Raises their arm in aggressive manner. Is about to be known as the deceased.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.