Dui question

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by LAs2434, Oct 8, 2018.

1. LAs2434

LAs2434 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2018
    I am an owner operator. My question was related to the permit paper they gave me. I wasn’t asking for job advice to work for swift. I am going to speak to a lawyer tomorrow. Worst case scanario my cdl suspended for 90 days. But I’m hoping it don’t come down to that. I did make the biggest mistake and I can’t take that back now. Take advice from someone who been through make a rule in your life not to get behind the wheel even if you had one beer. Lesson learned being young and dumb.

Badmon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LAs2434

LAs2434 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Thank you appreciate the feedback. Just some research I did on google. As we know dui case trials can go on from 6 months to a year depending the dates the court give you. And also my lawyer could ask to extend this permit I made my original post about. But as we all know one can’t afford to have a long trial especially being an O/O.

Badmon Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you are a O/O then this probably will end your business unless you are able to store the trucks trailers close the shop etc and stop the utilities and put it all to rest until your year suspension is up.

Forget the trial. Most people captured for DUI takes between 12 to 18 months just to get to trial here in Arkansas in worse case scenarios especially when combined with other felonies or big issues related to it.

It's bad but not the end of the world. Hopefully you can hold off the tax man when he comes too.

Im finished here. Let us know how it goes. I cannot imagine the financial costs along with other losses related to stuff like this. It's not worth it.

5. LAs2434

LAs2434 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2018
    And also all I have is that white sheet permit and some shippers and receivers require to show valid cdl license so they will probably refuse to load me.

6. LAs2434

LAs2434 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Yes I know but I do feel like I lost everything I worked extremely hard for. I will def keep it posted. Just praying for miracle.

7. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    First dui offense is an automatic one year cdl suspension. Best case scenario.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We are. Absolutely. The Bears around here respect a CDL any time. Call you sir, and especially Ma'am if that applied to my ex who had one a while. But as long you did nothing outrageous it's a good thing.

I turned in my CDL because if I got captured with medicines in me it's easier to take the hit with a basic no brainer car license compared to a CDL. Gives me a little margin. (Not much, you still have a stack of really bad problems here)

Generally it has been my experience that they expect better with a CDL more than just a brain dead car driver.

9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Check with your insurance company too. See if they'll cover you.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  10. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    All depends on how good of a lawyer you get which equals lots of $. If you don't wanna loose CDL gonna cost $10,000 minimum. Need to get charges lowered. I know a guy that was pulled over and failed drug test and was hauling over 120,000 with no permits. Lawyer had him back trucking in 6 months.

11. LAs2434

LAs2434 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Willing to pay the price brother. Whether it’s 5k or 10k

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.