DUI with my CDL

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by GIANTS65, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    I wouldn't put that up for a poll...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    Great you beat the charge I couldn't beat my charge, and the OP probably wont either but he still has to inform his employer he got the ticket in the first place.. at that moment the employer will MOST likely give him the opportunity to resign or fire him straight up...if he is lucky enough to beat the charge all is good IF CONVICETED its all over but the crying

4. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Whatever you say Fuzzy...You are obviously a person who Convicts people solely based on some EMOTIONAL REACTION you had in your own personal life.Thanks god you are not called for jury duty.You would hang everyone.:biggrin_25522:

5. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    If his job ''fires'' him then he can SUE the employer..Again,

HE WAS ONLY ACCUSED....!!!!!!!.If he wrote that he was convicetd then me,you and others have every right to ''judge'' if you choose...

Many drivers here have him convicted and living in the gutter....So Sad people lost the whole idea of Innocent until Proven Guilty...WOW..............

Two years ago i had a big ticket and Landstar DID NOT TERMINATE ME..They waited till the ''conviction'' if any..I beat that ticket and never heard another word because i was never convicted...

6. LoboSolo

LoboSolo Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Highway 20
    The money making machine was created by lawyers to assist people from owning up to their own truths - they drank and then drove. And they knew it the minute they turned that key. Make any excuse, pay a bunch of money to a lawyer, and avoid the reality of their stupidity. Bottom line is why would anyone who was legally sane drink any amount of alcohol and then proceed to drive any motor vehicle. Get a ride, call a cab, sleep it off, stay put without drinking more alcohol until enough time has passed. It ain't rocket science. Even in NY.

Joetro Thanks this.
  7. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Well I personally have never lost anyone to a drunk driver, but I will say that any fool who chooses to get behind the wheel of any type of vehicle in this day and age gets exactly what he deserves. There is absolutely no reason why anyone should ever believe that driving after drinking even one beer is acceptable.

If you are dumb enough to do so, I certainly don't want your idiotic self handling any kind of motor vehicle on the roads (directed at anyone, not one person in particular). Heck, if you're that stupid, I have to wonder how you managed to pass the written test for your CDL!

Joetro and joseph1135 Thank this.
  8. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    If a person is a professional truck driver, it is best for that truck driver to give up alcohol altogether. This way there is no chance of getting a DUI or a DWI if the truck driver does not drink any alcoholic beverages whatsoever.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

brsims Thanks this.
  9. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    I HEAR YOU LOUD AND CLEAR
    I don't care about the LEGAL end I am telling you REALITY.. he HAS TO REPORT THE TICKET TO HIS EMPLOYER what part of that don't you understand...
    AT This point it don't matter about what the law is...that will be dealt with in court....NO carrier is gonna let this driver drive while he has a ticket for DUI that's just the way it is...weather its legal or not...its the INSURANCE company deal as soon as he reports the ticket to the safety department he will be relieved of all DRIVING duties till case is resolved... that's just the way it is ....

10. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    I agree...But yet we allow drivers to EAT FATTY ACID FOODS and bulk up to 500lbs.We say it is OK to eat Chemical Foods and drive..hmmmmmmmmmmm...Then they allow drivers to slug down ''legal'' 357 mags in a bottle.??.We call this SAFE because it is the LAW.???...I beg to differ..Law is so confusing and full of Hypocrisy AND BULLET HOLES

11. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    If i drank or smoked weed i would never drive a truck...Life is short and there is more to life than trucking ..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.