DUI with my CDL

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by GIANTS65, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDude1969

TheDude1969 Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Joliet, Il
    Landstar, it is highly improbable that you be arrested on two different occasions on DUI/DWI without probable cause... and you deny either as valid? <--You maybe 100% correct, but for the rest of us... Its little hard to swallow as truth.

I wish you luck convincing everyone of your misfortune, but has not been my experience.

LandShark Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    It is not about drinking or not drinking.. I drink, when I am at home, or if I go out to the bar with friends... What I don't do is drive if I have been drinking.. whether, on my bike, in my car or a truck.he road, if we had a couple days layover I would get a hotel room and go have a few..
    If I was going to stay in the truck I would not drink... Too risky.. if someone hit me while I was parked.. I could be inhot water.. just don't like to leave important things, like my career, to chance, or in someone else's hands if I don't have to.

I also, agree with you about the overall health and well being... I don't eat junk food, I do drink coffee, but do not slam t.. the "357" in a bottle... However, there have been a time or two when I did do a 5 hour energy or drink a red bull..

GIANTS65 and 8thnote Thank this.
  4. GIANTS65

GIANTS65 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2013
    I haven't plead guilty yet. I got the DUI in Sept started the new job this pass week so it wouldn't show up . My question is will my new employer find out does MV or Dot inform them? The reason I started this Job I'm hoping to get away with them not finding out take my chances. Whats the chance they'll find out?

5. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Neither the state or DOT will inform your employer unless the DUI happens while in one of their trucks and perhaps not even then. According to what you posted, you were charged in September, but not yet convicted or gone to court? At this point, there is no conviction. It won't show up on your MVR until there is a conviction. Both the insurance company and your employer will find out when they run your MVR after the conviction. I believe that a conviction is a mandatory 1 year suspension of your CDL. If you are not convicted then it is not an issue. However, you are required to report any moving violations to your employer. Whether you choose to report the charge or not is up to you.

GIANTS65 Thanks this.
  6. GIANTS65

GIANTS65 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2013
    But I've already started the Job last week. Which means They've already run my MVR. How often do check my MVR? Thanks

7. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    They will pull a copy of your MVR once per year.

GIANTS65 Thanks this.
  8. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Dude you already broke the law with the DUI. Now you plan on breaking more laws.

Where are your morals at?

All it takes is one wreck not even your fault and you'll be rooming with Bubba and spending the rest of your life trying to pay off a million dollar lawsuit. Not to mention taking your innocent employer down with you.

I'm starting to think you are a troll. Nobody can be this stupid or can they? :biggrin_2559:

joseph1135, GIANTS65 and mje Thank this.
  9. GIANTS65

GIANTS65 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2013
    But what If I'm using there truck then I'm screwed is that what your telling. Is it true employers and Insurance Companys check your MVR every year if they do I'm not going get away with the DUI conviction. I don't have money to hire a lawyer I'll have to use a public defender in which case I'm screwed. Live and Learn :biggrin_2553:

10. GIANTS65

GIANTS65 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2013
    I'm not a Troll I made a huge error in Judgement. I'm just asking if there is anyway I can keep it quiet and them not finding out.. Whats the chances I will wreck .

11. Fester69

Fester69 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    How much driving experience do you have? If you have been around awhile you can likely get back to driving truck in a year after your conviction. I have a good friend who went through this a couple years ago, he ended up with a good job at a smaller co after his year went by. If I was in your shoes, and a conviction does happen, Id be tempted to just quit right then. Do something else till you can get back into driving. Your company will find out! And them finding out is really the best case scenario when it comes to that or you getting busted first. I wish you the best of luck,but you did screw up big. There are consiquences. Like was said before, when youre in a hole quit digging.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.