Duluth clothing

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by stacks, Feb 13, 2021.

1. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    I'm gonna start investing in Carharrt clothing that seems best wearing for work

SoulScream84 and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I been buying jeans from a place down the road from me for years. This is a used clothing store that gets in flawed jeans, the owner has a source that she will not tell anyone and has a wide selection. So my pants of choice is Wrangler Riggs select heavy duty jeans, they are heavy denim and wear very well. I can’t argue with the price either, $15 a pair.

I have a pair of Duluth firehose that was given to me when they first came out, wore them many times but they are stained with paint, which won’t come out so they are worn when I have to do something out in the cold.

Duluth had a sale on the pants before Christmas, kids convinced me that I needed new pants and I went to their store, was rather disappointed with the quality and cloth weight of them, very light, heavier than normal denim jeans but lighter than the old Duluth pair I have and lighter than the wranglers.

4. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    I switched from Carharts, Craftsman & such to Duluth. The regular generous fit firehose cargo pants [not the flex version] are the heaviest and the do have the double knee heavy duck pants too.

Mom was a seamstress and I learned a lot about clothing quality from her and always had her tailor my work pants.

Now she has sight problems and I can get shorter inseams from Duluth.

The extra gussets and lined areas not to mention the number of belt loops make clothes that last. The flex firehose material didn't last as long but was comfortable. I have two pair of flex cargo shorts that are just a short version of the cargo pants.

The ball room jeans and chinos are just as well made and dress up a bit.

Bought a new medium weight jacket found it just right for wearing in the truck while driving yet is warm and cuts the wind. My wife tried mine on to walk the dogs and we had to get her one too...

Went to a store to try on the first pairs I bought. everything else had been on line, on sale. Quick shipping
    too.

OP the undies are great, I had two pair of under armor synthetics to wear hunting found them to be too compressive and switched to the Duluth boxer briefs. Lots of room and I stay warm.

homeskillet and jason6541 Thank this.
  5. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I haven't tried them, but I worked with a guy who did, and he was ALWAYS bugging everyone to get at least ONE pair and give them a try, because "they are LIFE-CHANGING".

I thought that was a ringing endorsement, but I told him I couldn't part with $20 for ONE pair of skivvies.

That was a couple years ago, not even sure what they cost now.

Numb and bzinger Thank this.
  6. homeskillet

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Also Sears Toughskin jeans, "Sold only at Sears".

Size "husky"

I used to wear the button-fly Levi's 501 jeans, back in the day. Of course, I was rather more svelte then.

Back then, Wranglers didn't fit right. Too baggy in the can.

Now, they fit me like a glove. Sigh......

I love the "comfort stretch waistband", too.......

7. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Now that sounds politically correct...lol

8. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    $25.00 but they go on sale for $15..paid $25.00 for the under armor too...looking for synthetic cause sweaty cotton briefs = cold despite all the wool and synthetic layers on top of them. I still use 'normal' boxer briefs for daily wear.

Rideandrepair and homeskillet Thank this.
  9. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I must be a dinosaur, because I’m perfectly fine with Hanes boxers.

10. homeskillet

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Yeah. For "persons of size".....:rolleyes:

Dennixx and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  11. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Dxl com has big and tall clothes they are a little expensive but they have all big and tall. T-shirts are $20 each if you buy 2 or more. They have sales and you can get $60 off if you spend $200 lots of times

stacks, Rideandrepair and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.