Dump Trucks / Earth Movers

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by VIDEODROME, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerm

Jerm Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Kaliforniia
    I have to agree and the numbers you mentioned are about the same as what I bring in with my truck on a daily basis now if the weather here will dry up so we can get started. I really like belly dumps it is a fun job and I get to sleep in my bed every night. But once in a while you will run into a grouchy construction worker but that is very rare usually everyone gets along and it is a good gig.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bob wood

bob wood Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2008
    virginia
    Ive been a dump truck contractor for the last 5 years and driving them the last 18.the dump truck business here is DEAD, never saw it like this before .general contractors are dropping like flies,there is very little excavation work, a little asphalt work, this is the reason i was looking to get back into OTR. one major asphalt company that i work for, that does state and federal work, has only 2000 tons on its books for this year! that's 2 days work!:biggrin_2555: I'm 53,do i have to start over in a new career? it is not looking good ,and i expect it to stay this way for several years.

4. willy5

willy5 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2009
    vail,az
    Don't do it driver!!!The construction profession is dead,that work is hit and miss and you won't be happy.You might get home time,alot of home time.Be carefull.Good luck.

5. slodsm

slodsm Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Tyler TX
    Well hell Bob, that's rough. You don't think any of this glorious stimulus money will pick it up in Va? That's the only reason tx is blowing so much cash on road construction right now, otherwise we would be fairly dead as well.

The thing that keeps up going when roads are slow is fertilizer and lime for all these farmers here, we haul it in bulk down from Oklahoma and it pays decently as well.

6. Jerm

Jerm Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Kaliforniia
    I think we will see some in Cali here where I am at it will be minimal but we had a decent run last year this year I think could be worse it is all wait and see the trick is to get on as many lists of brokers contractors as possible or hire on to a larger company say 15 -100 trucks that does aggregate hauling it is seasonal work though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.