Durastar question

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Bigheavytruckin, May 1, 2021.

1. Bigheavytruckin

Bigheavytruckin Bobtail Member

May 1, 2021
    Hello I have a 4300 which got into a bit of a fender bender recently. I have the mid cab height and was hoping to swap the 7600 hood and grill as well as add super singles to the front.

Why you might ask, because I like the look of the workstar and an opportunity to change it has presented it self.

Besides having to transfer hood mounts/hinges can anyone think of a reason this won't swap over?

I have attached images of similar trucks for what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks everyone Screenshot_20210501-182859_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210501-183002_Chrome.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Colt6920

Colt6920 Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2017
    You would want a donor truck with the short hood (BBC (Bumper to back of cab) of 107", same as the 4300)
    You should also confirm the BA (Bumper to Axle) measurement, as both trucks had the option of set back axles.
    Other than that there might be height issues. Bet bet would be to find a truck and measure.

As for the wide base floater steer tires, I would avoid them. They are expensive, and you are still limited to by your axle rating. Harder to get a tire on the roadside. Turn radius will get larger. Possible clearance issues with other components. Also, since you will be limited by the axle weight rating you'll always have a lighter front end, which means steering will suck in the rain and slush.

4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Big boots up front make any truck look better.

GreenPete359 Thanks this.
  5. ITEPerFACT

ITEPerFACT Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2021
    I believe the Different CAC Setup and the grilles are gonna be an issue. On the workstar, I believe that grille is attached to the CAC and dies not tilt with the hood. Do you would have to swap that over and make sure it’s gonna be centered when u go to close the house. Also, on most workstars the Radiator sits on top of the frame where as in the durastar the radiator is in side the frame, that would effect closing issues if you have a non tilting grill

6. Dubb

Dubb Bobtail Member

May 6, 2021
    I'm thinking of buying a 2008 durastar 4300. It has 254,000 miles. Very clean & looks to be in great condition. They want $13000 for it .what do ya'll think? Buy or no???

7. Colt6920

Colt6920 Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2017
    Nope. Emissions (07 and newer) International motors are flaming piles of ####.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.