dynamic transit granite city il

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by another driver, Apr 24, 2013.

1. dyna915

dyna915 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2013
    I’ve heard this from many other friends/drivers I still talk to. Everyone seems to dislike “Junior”. I’ve never met him. Just Sammy. I was coming back until I heard this.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dyna915

dyna915 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2013
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I was under the impression dynamic was one of the better outfits to work for

6. LexTalionis85

LexTalionis85 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2023
    Old equipment between 5 and 10 years old. They have a ridiculous five minute idle shut down that can’t be overridden in the event that the APU gives out which seemed to happen to me every two weeks, No cooling in summer and no heat in winter unless you hit the peddle every five minutes. APU had over 20,000 hours on it and was constantly breaking down. Made things miserable in summer and worse in winter. The bunk heat works on kerosene and has a very small tank on the back of the cab. Ever try getting kerosene at a truck stop? Only place you can sometimes get is at Walmart or tractor supply and it’s 11.00 a gallon. Look to spend around 150.00 to 200.00 a month out your own pocket if your APU works and you want to stay warm. Other than that you’ll have to wait till you get the one and only terminal in Granite City to fill up. I carried two 10 gallon containers for kerosene, never ran out because my APU never worked. The first six months look to run 3000-3300 miles a week, after that you’ll be doing 300-400 mile runs in Il, IA, Mo, IN. Then you’ll average 1500-1800 miles a week. Hometime they did bend over backwards to get me home on time, deadheaded me almost a 1000 miles to get me home once. They are pretty much like every other company that after a few months it all goes down the drain. I couldn’t figure out why they had so many empty trucks with no drivers sitting on the yard, guess I found out. Dispatch is pretty much like all the rest, clueless and rude. They talk down to their drivers here and the owner’s son is arrogant and has a superiority complex off the charts. The shop depending on their mood discounts what you tell them and looks at you like you don’t know what you are talking about when you bring the truck in with issues. Half of what you write up won’t get fixed. Trucks are “dragonfly” trucks; they drag up any type of grade then fly down the other side, very low power and absolutely no torque. Can’t even pull a load up any kind of grade weighing 34,000 lbs, most loads here are 40-43,000. All trucks have a crappy 10 speed manual, heard they originally were 13 speed and the owner had them converted to 10. They have no plans to get newer equipment, the truck you are assigned is the truck you’ll have till you quit. Equipment ranges from five to ten years old. If you are unlucky to get one of the real old trucks, you are in for breaking down every week and spending a lot of time in motels. The trailers for the most part are newer and better kept.
    I got tired of small paychecks because of all the short runs with tons of wait time involved not to mention either burning up or freezing to death with no way to idle the truck when the APU was down. Their precious engine hours and fuel are much more important than the well being of the drivers. Forget about getting back to the yard to get things repaired, you’ll be running for weeks on end begging to get into a shop. They don’t like to repair things on the road which is understandable, but when it comes to a/c and heat that’s a major issue on so many levels that they don’t seem to understand. If they could fix all the mechanic issues and maybe get newer trucks as well as monitor how the dispatchers and shop talk to the drivers and fix the issue with all the short runs maybe this would have been a good outfit.

Bud A., Veteran driver and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I have to agree with you on owners son..jordan…he is arrogant and frankly not one person likes him.. the office staff the shop and drivers can’t stand him…

Bud A. and bzinger Thank this.
  8. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    This is a real question I’m not trying to be snarky or anything; why do companies do this? What advantage is there from converting a 13 speed to a 10? Especially when one of your heavy lanes is the PNW?

9. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    I don’t believe he ever ordered 13 in 389 Pete’s.. he has 9 speed if I’m not mistaken in the 386’s that are out of service right now

hotrod1653 and motocross25 Thank this.
  10. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Fred stopped getting 13s many years ago. I asked him and he said 13 speeds did not last. And 10s would and had very long warranty.

bzinger Thanks this.
  11. Redfish

Redfish Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Interesting post, now with Jordan running the company should drivers avoid working at Dynamic?

12. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    Jordan is the load planner for Chicago and everything east..he sits on loads and wont plan anyone till last minute causing late loads a lot of the time..he even mentioned to me he was not dispatching p&g loads from morris going west because “weather might be getting bad”..so loads were sitting up to 4days after they were ready at p&g causing svc issues out west..he’s got a serious problem with accusing drivers of crap he got proof of even having his accusations debunked immediately…he’s the problem child big time..

motocross25 and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs