dynasys apu

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by jtwhite, Jan 6, 2015.

1. jtwhite

jtwhite Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2014
    dfw. texas
    looking to buy a dynasys apu. would like any info from anyone who has one, good , bad and anything in between. ie fuel savings, how well it cools and heats, what all can you run off it such as microwave,tv, computer. thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    I have had mine since jan 2011, it has given me good service. I had mine installed at boomers in Oklahoma city. I have had good service out of it, warranty work was excellent , just minor issues to repair over those years. it heats and cools fine in my opinion, I also installed an inverter to run tv and small loads on, in order not to run the apu for that. it will auto charge the batts. I run my microwave, 1/2 drill etc on the 110v.

adding the inverter will save ya from running the apu just to watch tv or charge a laptop. it will more than pay for itself, my fuel mileage went up over 1 mpg when I stopped idling. when ya get the settings down for auto operation, the apu wont have to run constantly, at full running maybe 1/4 gal an hour. on auto mine might on avg 15 minutes per hour so even less fuel.

its been a real money saver for me, especially in the two since it was paid for, initial install makes a difference on any apu, I recommend boomers in okie city, that all they do is apu , or either cantwell in ft worth.

TaylorMade407 and jtwhite Thank this.
  4. jtwhite

jtwhite Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2014
    dfw. texas
    thanks i will be getting mine from cantwell since they are 15 min from my house. bought a used tk unit and lets just say its been a nightmare, what i get for trying go cheap route. main reason i want it is for this summer since i only run in southern states. also less wear on engine

5. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    I had a problem repaired at cantwell , good folks , and good service.

6. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    I know what you mean about the used TK, I bought an 06 freightliner with one on it last year and its always in the shop. In fact it went out again last week and I'm just about done with it. Ill get it checked out again but I think if its going to cost to much Ill look into the Dynasys. For what TK charges to work on theirs I cant go to wrong with a new Dynasys.

7. HDFatboy

HDFatboy Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    PA
    Dynasys's touch screen control unit is pure junk! Well, mine is anyway. Also, my blower fan burned out at just over 100 hours of use.

8. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    [​IMG] Reply With Quote ok, did they replace the touch screen under warranty? and did they replace the blower fan or was it just capacitor, and I suppose it was replaced under warranty? how long have you had the unit now? and where was it installed? and since youre from pa , if you have been going to a hunter truck sales location for service and repairs , they have nothing in stock and do it as a sideline.

wonder if anything else in the world ever breaks? as I said earlier initial installation makes a big difference

RedForeman Thanks this.
  9. HDFatboy

HDFatboy Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    PA
    You nailed the location... I can't go into details but lets just say they really screwed up my truck.

10. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    yeah I stopped in at butler,pa location. told em what the problem was and what I needed to fix it, waited 3 hours and they said yeah I was right but they didn't have the part in stock and would take 3 days at least to get. I left called my installer boomer diesel in okie city , he ups me what I needed to Louisville,ky , got it on ed day. installed it myself and sent the old one back . all under warranty.

get to okie city and they can make it work fine. thats all they do, not a sideline.

HDFatboy and BeN DaViS Thank this.
  11. forner

forner Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2009
    okc ok
    dynasys apu...nothing but problems....sometimes it will start sometime it wont...replaced gen head twice...you can set temp at 70f and i will go down to 60f then heat kicks in and takes it to.80...so pretty much you will be cold or hot ...no happy middle...stay away from this unit...it will cost you more money in the longer run....tri pac is the best on the market.... dynasys apu they dont have enough shops or dealers...waist of money...6 of my friends got same thing like i do and same or worste problems with the unit....customer service is terrible. ...i finally got it paid off n ow im stuck with this unit...as im typing this im sitting inside my truck right now and generator will not start....why nobody knows...been 3 years like this....tomorrow it might start...50 50.chance..good luck on whatever u decide....

mitmaks and HDFatboy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.