E-log causing more stress?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Wim, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Wim

Wim Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2018
    I too work for a smaller company. The ELD has just been added to the Qualcomm system.

I've mentioned some of the possibilities.
    I forgot to change status last week when I came home. Next morning it screamed that I was out of hours. Changed the on duty time to off duty and everything was fine...

Two weeks ago I needed a split, worked better for me. I'd been sitting for almost 8 hours waiting for a load. A load showed up almost 8 hours driving away. I changed the off duty waiting time to sleeper berth and soon I had 9 hours driving available. The machine is smart, I don't have to tell it that I need a split, it just shows me the hours available. It also proves me understanding the HOS...

This thread started about extra stress. In this case Ii definitely raised my stresslevel. By splitting it gave me the possibility to pick up at Friday and be home Saturday evening. But it meant three days driving sharp, keep the speed up, don't waste time. Without E-log there would have been no stress at all...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lastgoodusername

lastgoodusername Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    central NC
    i don't run an eld but i am more stressed. folks having to sleep anywhere and everywhere. hard for me to find a place to pull off and take a leak. i can only imagine how stressed drivers that use the darn thing must feel. god bless the republic and the eld's that make it safe.

Wim Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.