e-logs??

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by blacklabel, Jan 8, 2013.

1. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    I tell L/S every chance i get to get foooked.If you do not believe that ask Ranger Bob.I refuse to run E-LOGS and take any #### from L/S...IT'S MY BUSINESS AND I WILL RUN IT LIKE I WANT...If Landstar does not like my business motto,i will take my hard work and 100% clean record and go haul for someone that appriciates my hard work and service.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I challenge you to provide a link to any FMCSA giudance allowing time to drive when you run out of hours . You can extend your 11 hours by 2 hours after some unanticipated delays but this must still be done within the 14 hour limit . You aren't allowed to exceed the 14 under any circumstances .

4. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012

There is NO provision to drive to a safe haven on paper on or on E-logs. Plain and simple. hence [/sarcasm].

If you feel there is, show the regulation that says you can drive those extra 15 minutes. Because it doesn't exist.

5. Daniel.trawick

Daniel.trawick Road Train Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Fort collins,co
    Ya the creative logging is out with e-logs. Being solo it does hurt you but it also helps you. what needs to happen is that more shippers and recievers need to be held accountabloe for holding you up or taking long load and unload times but I fear that is something that is either too far in the furutre or will never happen. You have to work harder on e-logs to make things work and if you can you can still make money. But you do at times get more then enough rest. Other times you are taking naps here and their just to get loaded or unloaded as you driver real slow to sneak to a shipper/ consignee or even a truck stop. The e-log was entended to put the preasure on the companies but in turn it has put it on the drivers. With nothing put on the shippers or receivers. I use e-log and dont mind it most of the times but then their are times I wish I ws still doing paper logs.

6. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
  7. Daniel.trawick

Daniel.trawick Road Train Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Fort collins,co
    DOT can tell you to move to a safe haven if you are out of hours and cant park where you are at. At less this is what I have heard. As far as the e-log goes you cant plan on a 11 hour day. You have to plan on a 10 hour day and if anything delays you you have that extra hour to get you where you need to be. I can do 700+ miles a day if I run hard enough but I only plan for 650 miles a day to make sure I have time to stop before running out of hours.

8. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    With ''E-LOGS'' you have to leave your home at least 10 hours earlier to get to the reciever.Then take the 10 hour break there to get ready for next load...So you have more hours per week in your truck to make the same money..Sorry but this does not benifit a driver in any way..People will never sell me that e-logs are better,safer or more profitable...

I have challanged many with E-LOGS to post there numbers and show me.So far not one has showed me.Most people i talk to HATE THEM.They just tolerate it.

It does not take a rocket scientist to see e logs are not good in anyway for an O/O...Maybe a lazy company driver that plays X BOX and plays the Claw Game scratching his balls at a TA but an O/O,no way...

9. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012

Not talking about adverse conditions as well as, I will use this as a result of a winter storm coming in again this weekend on us.

Since I KNOW there is a winter storm coming on Sunday/monday, I cannot use Adverse conditions

10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/truck/driver/hos/fmcsa-guide-to-hos.PDF
    Key points here are this applies to unexpected delays in driving , not delays in loading or unloading and you can't exceed your 14 hours .

11. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    It must be legal somewhere.On the e logs people use there 1 hour everyday line 5...OFF DUTY DRIVING...So it must be legal if you have an e log.But on paper log it's not...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm explain this...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.