e-logs??

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by blacklabel, Jan 8, 2013.

1. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Just think rick..We were told over and over that ''we are the best'' from Landstar.They told us we were the chosen.Then they treat us worse than a company driver..It does not add up.I know a guy who's a company man on e logs.He is allowed to drop his wagon and bobtail around towns where he is off duty.He has no time limits.He goes into town and has fun.At Landstar they give the ''chosen few'' 60 minutes...

If he is 2 hours from his home he can drop his wagon and go home

Landstar wants you to sit if your 2 hours from your home and wait the 34 out then go home.Here is the kicker.I pay for everything on my truck,my buddy is a company driver and pays nothing.Go figure...We are the chosen allright...:biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    You can drive 1 hour and spend all day any place you want then drive 1 hour back.or spend a week and drive back their is not time limit how long you can stay.

4. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    I understand that.But i like to cruise the strip in my truck.I use it as a personal vehicle while in town...I need more than an hour..I no of company trucks that allow drivers to use the vehicle more than an hour.

5. carrkool

carrkool Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2012
    adah, pa
    screw that if i am 3 hours from home and no load i am going home. dont care about hours.....rol baby roll ima comin home.......or as the old song goes .....roll truck roll its time to see my baby

6. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Actually you know I don't work a hard as I used to.......so I don't think I would have as much a problem with elogs if they would just get rid of the 14 hr rule and put things back like they were along with the old split sleeper 2 hr minimum deal, but the way the HOS read now......forget it, no way Jose!!!

7. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    During orientation I was told Landstar doesn't have a point system or anything when it comes to log violations on its EOBR, is this true?

8. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I never tried this but the EOBR dose not seem to keep track of total off-Duty driving. I think you can bobtail as much as you want as long you dont drive more then 1 hour at a time. when im off-duty driving in Laredo. It dose not have a count down timer saying how much off duty driving have hove done for a day. when i stop I go back off duty.

So if i want to bobtail more i just go back to off duty driving..As long as I don't drive more then 1 hour at any time nothing on the EOBR changes.

9. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2013
    I don't think it's possible to get a log violation with EOBR......I mean isn't that the idea........:biggrin_25526:

10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I don't know how your system works but our EOBR's know how many miles we drive off duty but doesn't show them on the log . Our route tracker is working all the time . If we aren't logged in and go over 15 m.p.h. safety gets an alert . It's ok when we are off duty on PC but we can't log off the EOBR will driving

11. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    When I was with England I would have to violate my 14 to get the load there on ontime because of some delay. It would be documented and the log department would just tell me not to get more than 4 violations in any given 30 day period.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.