Eagle Logistics Services. Indianapolis, IN

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by TruckerPete24, Feb 27, 2015.

1. MNoutkast

MNoutkast Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Elk River, MN
    They are literally over priced prostars with a fancy hood.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dchan1020

dchan1020 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2015
    You can stop at any Illinois toll plaza and get one. I think even the wayside plazas have a booth at them as well. You initially buy it. Then you can set up an account online for the funding end of it. there is no monthly fee. when i had it you had to put $50 on it right a way. it pulled from that when you went thru a toll till it got down to $5. i had it where i would get an email saying the funds were low and you can either manually add more or have an auto withdrawl directly from your account to replenish it back to $50. I believe that was the minimum. you can set the amount for more if you wished. i used it wherever Ipass, and EZ pass were accepted. Im not sure if you can use it on certain tolls yet like OH turnppike, IN toll road, FL sunpass... It may be now, but its been years since i had it.

4. dchan1020

dchan1020 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2015
    If youve grossed over 6k to the truck on less than 3k miles thats a good week. Well done sir.

5. Quis89

Quis89 Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2015
    My cousin talk to this company about a team lease and it sounded pretty good most likely the walk away lease just because this would be new for both of us

6. dchan1020

dchan1020 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2015
    Hey all. So I have read this forum from page 1 to 60. I am interested in joining Eagle. I have my app in process for approval. I have been an o/o before for almost 10 years. Unfortunately due to a divorce, i had to sell it all. Been a company guy ever since and not happy at all with it. With that said, I have read the good and the bad points. Fr8crazy, my suggestion to your calculations is to NOT factor in so much of your dh to the overall quote for next load. I always tried to cover at least half the dh. Because remember that its not the brokers fault that you are where you are so why should his freight have to pay for it. Keep in mind....theres ALWAYS someone closer willing to get it. And sometimes you just have to factor an evenly break with the dh on that crap load just to Cover the fuel cost to get to a better freight lane with better rates. The rates youve been taking have been rather low but not every load is going to be a gold medal rate. Remember, less miles more pay. Take all those 2-3.00 a mile short hauls. I guarantee theyll add up in the end with less fuel burnt. Sorry, didnt mean to look like i was singleing you out but youve posted the most help me posts. Lol. Ok, so, back to Eagle. My biggest concern is say ok, i go to orientation. Do training pass all tests.. now from what i read it would seem I'd have to hang out in Indy or Butler for another 2 weeks for a truck and trailer? ? I mean really, who has a month to waste like that. Plus, I'm just not going to jump into a truck that i dont want and am paying for, just settle for it because thats all they had. Needless to say I'm a bit nervous over becoming a L/O. With all these hidden fees and surprises.

rmacjr Thanks this.
  7. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    Frtcrazy? Who's that guy?lol,yeah I know what your saying I realize I'm new to brokered freight.....but to not include dh in the run is crazy,cuz if your not including it at the end of the day u want to know where your money went and how much each run is costing and paying u! It's great to hear guys say I'm "averaging 1.80" a mile but if every run u have 100 miles dh u aren't averaging 1.80 a mile.....and need to get real about what u are actually being paid and what it's costing u...I know it isn't the brokers fault or dm,it's just the real cost and pay im seeing to the truck...I am thinking about that shorter runs and seeing the benefit to that in the less fuel and time burned for a higher return....I guess I just revert back to a company or mileage based drivers mentality(miles,miles,miles) equals money,money,money...no it doesn't if u burning all that fuel always,lol....case in point...me and my dm were trying to put a few runs together to keep me busy over the weekend about 1400 miles and I had considered this 600 mile run Ohio to New Hampshire but didn't like that I couldn't deliver it until Monday, but we lost it....so trying to put these runs together I might have maybe netted after fuel 600 ....blah...until I saw that run again (some reason it showed up on the board again)1500 for 600 miles? It occurred to me I had the fuel in the tanks to do that and net the entire amount coz fuel was allready bought.....after Eagles cut and my dh it still came to near 2 a mile entirely in my pocket for far less work cha ching!

Drew352 Thanks this.
  8. R.Hagar

R.Hagar Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Yep, gotta make sure you don't over fuel the truck needlessly.... It's easy to do coming from mileage pay..

9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    yep .. stop thinking about miles and start thinking in terms of revenue per day ... what's your minimum boogie ... if the load hits it .... take it. Don't worry about fuel .. its own equation and works itself out in the end.

rmacjr and fr8monkey Thank this.
  10. dchan1020

dchan1020 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2015
    Fr8monkey... sorry, it was late and my eyes were all whacko from all the reading. Lol as a lease op Or an owner op for that matter if you keep thinking miles miles miles you'll end up losing it all. The exact opposite is what you should be looking for, like the load you found 1500 for 600 miles. Now think of it like this... say you did 5 runs a week like that, thats 3000 miles but.... 7500 to the truck! Take all your deductions out and im sure you'd still be fine with the end number

rmacjr and fr8monkey Thank this.
  11. runnwild

runnwild Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Well I kinda botched things up a bit. Went in to review my ECWP, decided I may as well renew my CDL while I was there and Eagle requires the hard copy of your CDL in order to even schedule you for orientation. Well crap. Guess I've gotta wait until mid week to the week after before it arrives in the mail.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.