Eagle Logistics Services. Indianapolis, IN

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by TruckerPete24, Feb 27, 2015.

1. JerseyRican

JerseyRican Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Driver how are you making out @ Eagle? I'm thinking to go with them

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JerseyRican

JerseyRican Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Can I get some feedback? How they are treating you? I'm thinking to go with them

4. 59halfstep

59halfstep Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Brighton, MI
    There are some 600 posts on this thread some quite informative. To whom are you asking?

5. dchan1020

dchan1020 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2015
    Ive read this from start to finish... some are happy some aren't, and some just haven't got the game down completely just yet. Im also interested in going with Eagle. However, a few of the turnoffs for me are the extra long orientation, waiting around for trucks or equipment. Taking AND PAYING FOR a truck you don't even want because thats all they have in the lot. One guy posted that he was waiting for the shop to get u-bolts to secure his headache rack for 3 days or better. Really?? They should already have trucks setup for flatbed is my thought.... theres some weekly fees that you aquire after you start that at least MY recruiter failed to mention thus far. But now i know a few more things he's gonna get a ton of questions come monday. Lol. Theres been a lot of positives on here. To know them all you'll just t o read thru it.

6. runnwild

runnwild Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    What's the stock HP on that engine you got in that KW? According to infor from Quality, it shows the ProStars are at 400....? Wth

I wouldn't take anything with less than 450HP. Would rather have 475 or 500. I've noticed the 475 and 500 hp Cummins do a lot better fuel wise than anything under 450.

7. rmacjr

rmacjr Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    My Lone Star has a 450 Cummalong in it, at least that is what the engine plate says. With 42000 on the wagon I was getting 6.3 mpg, running at 62, going to get my truck turned up to 75 once I get back to Indy, they come out of the yard at 63 or 65.

8. runnwild

Jun 21, 2012
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Wow, that's some ###### mileage. Going too slow in a truck with taller gears will do that also. Hopefully they'll get you turned up and you can cruise at 68-70. That was the sweet spot for my old truck.

9. runnwild

Jun 21, 2012
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    And when I finally get the hard copy of my drivers license and get there, I'll just turn it up myself. I still have access to Insite and have the USB adaptor to do so.

10. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    68-70 have to remember that, yeah I'm up here in St. Cloud MN, and it is just dead, even my DM gave up, so I found a Cali load out of Minneapolis, picking up on 4/30 from off the Coyote App on my phone. Gave the info to my DM and now he is working on the load for me, if we can get it confirmed.

11. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    I wish there was a way around the idle shut down, if your EPU goes down, you are screwed unless you sit up all night pushing in the clutch, nothing else, as far as I know, bypasses it.
    My lone Star doesn't have a lot of room for storage, I just had to adapt, but the ride is really nice and it tracks good too, my 2015 Cascadia was all over the place on a windy day, even with a MTY trailer and a side wind this Lone Star tracked pretty good.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.