Eagle Logistics Services

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by lildudef150, Dec 11, 2014.

1. BadB

BadB Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I am a female trucker that worked for Eagle for 6mths grossing 76000 during that time! I ran my ### off and did better and lasted longer than all the men I started orientation with. The problem with Eagle is that they in fact, DO rip you off. The more I made, the more my checks became screwed up. It was always an excuse with them! They would promise to correct pay issues but they would use your own money to correct it! I have never been with a company that was so cold-hearted! They don't give a #### about you, and will turn on you quickly if you go against the grain. These LP programs are set up for people to fail! The goal is for you not to pay off your truck, take as much as they can from you, and replace your ### quick doing the same thing to them! That's how eagle makes their money. They prey on people that dream of being an O/O, and will use your ### up and will spit you out!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BadB

BadB Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2016
    See above post

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    Reason for edit: Correction
  4. Morgan1981

Morgan1981 Light Load Member

May 24, 2015
    I don't work for this company but have a few friends that do and know a lot about them. The trucks are threw quality and if you do pay the truck off you will have paid 2 times the value and have a 800 thousand mile truck. But that's not really a big deal cause it's a tax write off.

As far as making money. Lol I like what they did. They took all the blame off of them. Cause if you don't make money the only person you can blame is YOU. Lol or the market. That's it. You broker your own freight and they pay you 75% that's more than landstar for the same thing.

The thing is you have to truly know freight lanes and how to manage a trucking business cause it's 100% on you. You use their authority and they hook u up with a zero down truck and trailer. The rest is on you.

The people I know there were doing well. Freight rates are low right now so they are struggling a bit. But they all have a lot of years out here. They know freight lanes.
    I like it cause drivers will go over there run how they think a company should run and fail. When all along they talk carp about the companies they've worked for and how they never ran them were they wanted to run lol. Well duh the company knows lanes. Lol it's not about where you wanna go it's about pay.

I'm sure ppl will come up with complaints but at the end of the day it's all on you at this company

5. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    The 75% thing doesn't mean much...almost 100% of your eagle freight is brokered. Everyone of these guys I talk to are getting ripped off.

6. Morgan1981

May 24, 2015
    You broker it your self. You pick your loads. You negotiate your rate. You have the option of dealing with the broker directly. Lol getting ripped off is easier than saying I don't know what I'm doing lol

7. Morgan1981

May 24, 2015
    Freight rates are low right now at a 15 year low at that. That alone will make you think your getting ripped off lol but if you know the state of the market then you know your not getting ripped off

8. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Its good that they let you make your own noose......If someone leased on there to begin with, you probably don't understand freight rates/market conditions/etc......

Paying double market value for a truck is never a good idea but, for some reason guys eat it up......

9. Morgan1981

May 24, 2015
    Scone guys never plan on paying the truck off. Truck ownership isn't everything. I own one that's setting in my yard. Rates are to low to cover the cost ins. And etc. Some guys don't plan on paying a truck like that off. With a lease versus buying like from a dealership there are more tax deductions. That's why big business executives lease their vehicles instead of buying. So that part is understandable.

Right now rates are very low. Like the lady that mentioned on this thread grossing 76000 in 6 months. That's not much at all. That's a avg of 3100 a week. "Off the top of my head" that's not much it's not horrible but realistically as a owner opp you need to be at 4000 a week gross and 5000 to be comfortable but with rates as low as they are right now that's hard to do on elogs. Even mega carriers are hurting right now. You can Google DAT trend lines and every Wednesday they post the new national averages for each type of freight and each region of the country. National average for dry freight is 1.88 a mile with some regions as low as 1.26 you have to be above 2.00 to do any good you see the issue. Now at 75% your only making your percentage of that. So let's say your on the average at 1.88 75% is 1.41 you run 2500 miles that's a gross to the truck of 2501.41 minus your fixed cost let's say 850 that's about what quality has you at with plates ins and lease payment. Now you have 1651.41 now fuel let's say you did a good 7.0 for the week. That's 357 gallons of fuel you used. Let's figure that at 1.90 a gallon that's the fuel price where I'm parked at now. That's 678.30 ...that leaves you with 973.11 all that's left to take out is your taxes.

Now let's see what that comes to a mile. It's .38 cents per mile. So if you were working as a company driver you would have made the same amount at .38 cents per mile.

The only difference is freedom which is why most level headed people want to be owner opp when I ask someone why and they say money I automatically know they don't know the industry. Cause unless you own multiple trucks the money is about the same.

scratbandit Thanks this.
  10. Morgan1981

May 24, 2015
    Hold on tired my numbers are off that's a gross to the truck of 3525.00..... I just redid it long story short it brings your mileage rate up to .79 cpm after tax around .68cpm sorry bout that but you see it's not far off from a company driver

11. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    That's far and away better than most company drivers.

Let's say a good company driver is making .52 cpm and your own example is .79 a mile pre tax of course. The company drivers rate is also pre tax so apples to apples...

I drove about 85,000 miles in 2015. As a company driver I would have grossed $44200. As a lease driver in your example I would have grossed $67150. That's a difference of $22950.

Your looking at short term. You need to look at long term.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.