Eagle Transport (Gas Haulers)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by SmokeMac, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Phantom 69

Phantom 69 Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2009
    SC
    I hear you, Most companies like that say 5-7 days will have you out there 2-3 weeks in a matter of time. Been having trouble with this samsung rant making post on this site. Got a chance to chat with some keenan drivers over the last few days, as they were dropping diesel at our terminal. gave me some good insight on the job and the pay. One guy was saying yearly pay was 50,60, and that some older guys were in the $70,000 range. How true is that? im on on my third week out on the road and im going to be applying somewhere when i get home.And hopefully ill get a job

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmokeMac

SmokeMac Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Phantom 50-60 sounds about right. I made 53 last year, but January till April I was working 6 nights a week. I should make a tad under 50 this year. We had a driver make 73 last year and the year before that he made like 89,900. That is working 6 nights a week 70 hours every week.

4. Phantom 69

Phantom 69 Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2009
    SC
    WOW!! Thats about where i am now 50k range. I have no problem working 6 days a week as that what i do right now along with being away from home 2-3 wks..and sometimes 4 weeks like am now.

LexMak Thanks this.
  5. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Ok before you get to excited Phantom, I make that because I have been doing it for 2 years I would say that you would make mid 40s your first year working 6 nights a week your 1st year. Then if you stay there a 2nd year about 60 working 6 nights a week. You would have to get a good routine down and gain knowledge of the stores. You are doing alot more than just driving in this buisiness. Alot of basic math a little light lifting of up to 60 lbs (keeps me young and sexy).
    The heck with that being away from home crap for a few extra thousand.

Phantom 69 Thanks this.
  6. newtruckerinohio

newtruckerinohio Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Springfield Ohio

Tricare is great! will never pay for insurance again lol

7. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I KNOW didn't realize how great it was until I got out here and seen how much guys were paying for insurance that didn't cover anything. Oh by the way I do pay for insurance a wolloping $36 a month for me and my famialy

8. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Well had a pretty good week worked an extra night so that gave me a few extra $. We are down to 6 drivers right now so we have been pretty busy. I am alomost making as much money as I do in July and August

9. mastllc

mastllc Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    somewhere in ga
    i was wondering does your company market its services to distributers or to gas station as far as hauling their product and also what is the advantage of buying fuel out of town and bringing it back to savannah?

10. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    We market our sevices to distributors (AKA local oil companies). We get our gas off of a ship in Savanah. Most places in the US get there gas off of a pipe line. Since they are not paying shipping cost for a pipe line it is cheaper. I only go up there if the price in Savannah is $04 per gallon I bring back 88000 gallons do the math.

mastllc Thanks this.
  11. mastllc

mastllc Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    somewhere in ga
    so an average about how far out do you go to deliver a load and also why do some guys run sleepers on there truck. thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.