Eastern Freightways

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Northeasterner, Dec 8, 2018.

1. inktoxicated

inktoxicated Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2010
    south brunswick nj
    I literally live down the road from Eastern freightways headquarters in North Brunswick New Jersey. I've been driving for over 18 years and I never really thought about going to them up until a little while ago because I wanted a job that was less physical from what I'm doing now as a local driver. I talked to one of their drivers and he said experienced drivers start at $0.48 a mile fifty cents a mile after 1 year. You get $0.04 a mile safety bonus for every mile driven. They have newer Freightliners all automatic set at 68 to 70 miles an hour. 6 holidays 5 personal days 401k with company match 50% Healthcare. Live load pay, New York City load pay,tarp pay, drop and hook pay, detention pay,layover pay, breakdown pay night delivery pay. But the reality is will you get paid for all this stuff if you actually use it. that's the problem with most companies is that they don't honor what they say. Ive done flatbed before I always wanted to do it again and if I go anywhere I will probably be this company since they're literally three miles down the road. As long as incan make 1400 a week id be content but who knows

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The only thing is I can think of the memories accumulated over the years on them old rigs and have no interest in running for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2018
    Reason for edit: Removed quote
  4. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    You'll be lucky to make a thousand a week. They keep most drivers who aren't longtime Veterans of the company running the US Gypsum loads, which means lots of layovers and short hauls.

The company is shrank from over a hundred two under 60 drivers in the last 18 months for a reason.

Buyer beware.

5. inktoxicated

Apr 1, 2010
    south brunswick nj
    yea, I dunno their story. im out on medical now and will be back soon to my normal job, but ive been looking to see whats out there. I read a drivers blog on eastern how he loved it, but that attitude changed rather quickly and he got tired of the lies and not getting home Fridays and quit

6. Northeasterner

Apr 1, 2018
    Yeah I got home on Fridays but I was not on the flatbed side of things I was at the van end and I was pretty lazy and would pitch a big fit so they just relented and got me home on Fridays but I didn't make much money either

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. inktoxicated

Apr 1, 2010
    south brunswick nj
    yea the van sides cpm is low. really low like 40?

8. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    they have a terminal right off the port in nj, they are one of the few that still have unions, but yeah those trucks sucks, few years ago they tried to get rid of them like sni did but they were so beat up very few people took the bite and they were dirt cheap perfect for port work but rusted many didn't even passed the nj inspections.

9. Northeasterner

Apr 1, 2018
    It's like 40 and you got a three CPM attendance bonus which is a maybe. And you'll be lucky to get 400 miles a day so have fun. I made like nine hundred bucks a week though cuz they had bullshot accessorials

10. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    they are getting them and that's no doubt but at slower pace than any other company I have seen, I think is like one or 2 a month of something like that when it comes to the northeast I still have a lot of connections, that volvo in the back has old steel rims probably came out of the old trucks we are complaining about. unions are milking the company a driver with 3 years of experience can make 30 an hour or plus, but I'm pretty sure they don't pay extra for hazmat endorsement

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.