Eating While Driving Illegal!!!

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Truckrazy, Jul 9, 2019.

1. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I don't eat while driving. I just set the cruise(auto pilot) and go back in the sleeper to make me a PBJ.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    that's right, they'll never take me alive....no one stands between me and my peanut butter/jelly sammiches...

4. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    "I got a ticket for 'reckless eating' last year, but I was in my car. Does anyone know of any trucking companies that will hire me with this on my record? Will it show up on my DAC?"......

5. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    was that the state of north colorado or south colorado

6. Truckrazy

Truckrazy Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2019
    Illinois
    It all depends on what the food is, and how determined the cop is to issue a ticket. Well we can't argue that it is reckless to be distracted, while doing anything other than focusing on driving. But once it is labeled as "Illegal to eat wile driving" it will be an automatic ticket even if cop happen to see you just putting a piece of candy in your mouth. They can't word it as illegal, drivers biting their nails will get a ticket regardless of eating or not, so it depends on what the cop observed and how the driver was acting when that cop was next to the rig. Drinking water would also be considered illegal! Jokes aside, but there was a story recently when a driver looked in side mirror to see if he got clear lane to get ready and change lanes, when the vehicle in front stopped short and the truck rear ended that vehicle, cause he was looking for too long into that side mirror, didn't realize the vehicle in front has stopped! He got bunch of tickets and one that said he was distracted, because he told the cop that he was looking in the mirror and didn't see the front vehicle stopping!

7. Truckrazy

Jun 4, 2019
    Illinois
    God forbid, but soon this will become the reality!

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  8. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Lack of common sense affects society. Some stupid start driving trucks some got cruisers. All his tickets can be replaced with one. Following too close or tailgating.

Intothesunset and Truckrazy Thank this.
  9. Truckrazy

Jun 4, 2019
    Illinois
    maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, we wouldn't know unless we witnessed it..., but you right on people not having common sense

Intothesunset and Snailexpress Thank this.
  10. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Holy crap, I always thought that was just a scare tactic UPS used to try to get us to not eat while driving.

Intothesunset and buddyd157 Thank this.
  11. Gumboslef9384

Gumboslef9384 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2019
    TX
    At least youre not in england where its illegal to smoke in a CMV

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.