####ed up, now what?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Mars Ultor, Dec 1, 2022.

1. reeferwrencher

reeferwrencher Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2018
    So you were still high 2 days later when you did smoke weed?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022
    No but it was actually about a week after I quit smoking weed regularly before I noticed how much clearer my thoughts were. The effects of the booze were non existent the next day.
    Also friends who quit noticed the same thing. So there is much more to this and the term burn out than you want to give any thought to!

4. reeferwrencher

Aug 4, 2018
    So the week you didnt smoke you would consider yourself unsafe to operate a vehicle but if you got drunk the night before you would be fine to take the wheel?

5. PaulMinternational

Aug 23, 2022
    Actually that would depend on just how much I drank. I was pritty heavy handed in my day and did at times have issues with hangovers and pushing time boundary’s. In simple terms there were days that a hang over on limited rest/sleep time prevented me from starting my day as planned in favor of hang over remedies and mostly more sleep before starting. I honestly never moved a truck until there was no remnants of that hang over left.

6. reeferwrencher

Aug 4, 2018
    Exactly but they go after weed because it s easy to detect.

7. PaulMinternational

Aug 23, 2022
    Exactly? What? Your reading a lot more into that then there is. It’s a timeframe, come back from the bar at 3 am with a real tank on and your not ready to drive at 6 am! You need to sleep it off for about 5 maybe six more hours. This doesn’t mean what you think it means, your grasping at straws!

If the booze stayed in your system longer, you would have to wait longer before you could drive and because it’s legal in all states and legal by Federal law as well it would still be ok, as said before pot is not legal by all states and is not legal by federal law so therefore it’s not legal for driving under a federal regulated license and if it was I would expect you to have to wait the 30 days to turn that ignition key. It has nothing to do with which is easier to detect.

A fun fact here, They still do not know or understand all the effects of THC on a human body even today.

I would argue that it affects you much more than you realize and for a longer timeframe.
    A friend who never smoked it, that has some back issues tried it when some people he knows told him it might help with pain that his meds didn’t seem to be helping with. He tried some from what I was told pritty good stuff comparable to what I used to supply. It helped and he was actually able to stop taking his doctor recommended meds for quite some time. Problem you have with this is the effects of it and the timeframe he went without pain was a lot more than a day which means that it affected him for weeks not hours as the booze does. The effects of his meds didn’t even last as long when they did work and he was also not allowed to drive when on those doctor prescribed meds as well.

8. reeferwrencher

Aug 4, 2018
    Its detectable for months afterwards.

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    martin.jpg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.