edit logs older than 14 days?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by peter_x, Jul 8, 2017.

1. CanadianPerson

CanadianPerson Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2018
    I'm new to this drivers log thing, but even I need elog that allows me to update something older than 14 days. I started with a new company that transports high pressure air, and I just ride passenger all the time as my position is safety not driving. I thought this would save me the fricken hassle of more paperwork, but was recently told to hand in my previous months co driver log. So now I am searching for an app to put my hours in as a co driver or as I call it a passenger as I basically read the whole trip.

This is ridiculous.

WHERE THE HELL IS THERE A REGULAR APP THAT SOMEONE CAN WRITE IN AND MANEUVER LIKE USING A PAPER LOG BOOK.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    If you're company doesn't have an e-log that allows this (unlikely as it's illegal now days) then you just need to start logging correctly from today on. Anything else is illegal. You have those violations, for not logging everyday.
    Can't even do paper log for two reasons. 1. it's been more than 8 days, and can only use paper for 8 days before the eld is working or one is unable to log. 2. You must use an elog.

Yes there are exemptions, but until informed that they apply, I assume they do not.

In a nutshell hope you don't get pulled over in the next 7 days. Or if you are able to use one of the eld exemptions, go get a log book and fill it out, and don't be afraid to backdate a few pages.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    High pressure air?

sealevel Thanks this.
  6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    If you don't drive than why do you need a log anyway? Sounds like high pressure hot air to me.

7. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA

Sounds like you simply want a version of paper log you can do on a tablet or computer. Truck driver daily elog software program - Eclipse Logbook for laptop

If I mis-read your intentions, I'll back out

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  8. Live to hunt

Live to hunt Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2018
    I'm running into that problem now because weeks ago I didn't sign logs from when I was home off duty on the weekend & the truck didn't move for 2 days. & no warning came on when I fired it up monday

9. Bank_Lbr

Bank_Lbr Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2018
    If you switch to a Canadian Drive Cycle (temporarily) you should be able to go back (up to) 2 weeks. Otherwise, the edits would have to be done through the administrative portal.

• Truckers Report Jobs