Editable ELD

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by 01blackz28, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 01blackz28

01blackz28 Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    For arguments sake ... What would happen if I have an slog that malfunctions and I cannot provide my seven previous days ? Would that be the carriers responsibility?

4. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Not sure why that would be a problem. I can get last 7-8 days, in matter of fact, the last 6 months of daily logs any time I want them. Either faxed or emailed to the LEO, or I can show them on my iPhone or laptop computer by going online and pulling them up. Any carrier upon request can do the same thing.

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Yep, just print them up (have dispatch fax to you at a truck stop) and sign and all is good.

6. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    impossible? reported to where ?

01blackz28 and dirthaller Thank this.
  7. Oil burner

Oil burner Bobtail Member

May 17, 2016
    Your and idiot why don't you join the rest of us in the real world if that was the case then all these bull haulers wouldn't need an exemption to be able to run paper logs and all the other companies wouldn't be screaming for the same exemption not to say anything about the fact logs were never to control the driver's hrs of service it was supposed to protect them from dispatch and receivers from pushing them past the capability to drive longer than they fiscally could I drive when I'm not tired and sleep when I'am tired I don't need someone to hold my hand but it sounds like you do maybe you should find another line of work because apparently you can't make it out here on the road

8. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Alex, I'd like to buy some punctuation.

Before you try to throw around insults, maybe you should consider your own faults

Pedigreed Bulldog Thanks this.
  9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    100 bucks says he’s using the talk to text So he doesn’t have to type it out.

Gunner75 Thanks this.
  10. trees

trees Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2010
    The reason why the megas pushed for ELDs was not safety. It was to eliminate competition. The small companies and owner ops could offer superior service. They could go the extra mile, so to speak, and these drivers were veteran truckers with millions of miles of driving experience and millions of miles of safe driving histories.

The whole plan by the megas was to cut productivity of the small outfits. To eliminate the ability of the small carriers to do extra...under the guise of "safety". How? By requiring the ELD.

No more going the extra mile for you, Mr Independent.

If the megas were interested in safety they would invest in comprehensive training. Their drivers would average more than 3 years of driving experience.

But, what do we see?

Mega fleet driver trainers with less than 3 years experience training new drivers who just got their CDL's.

Megas set out to crush the smaller outfits.

But, here's where it gets interesting.

The law of unintended consequences.

There's no parking. Just as trucking capacity is now in extremely short supply... so is parking.

Rates are better than ever. Why? No one can run like they used to..

Sounds good, and it is... in the short term.

But..

Over time the numbers of trucks will easily increase, as the market has now become profitable. But, the amount of parking is still inadequate, and will not increase at the same pace. So, you will see a quick increase in the overall numbers of trucks, but not in the number of available parking spaces.

Dude, bummer.

Safety?

Hmmm... how safe will it be when traffic density increases twofold, or more, on highways that are already overcrowded?

The numer of accidents will increase.

The cry for speed limiters will be sounded by the public safety advocacy groups. The megas will be right there with them, crushing the competition again... "We're for safety!", the trucking executives will cry... Umm, except...they're all about money... this is politics, to make someone think something...perception becomes reality.

And here's the reality...

The public hates trucks, truck stops, and yeah, truckers too.. why? Trucks are always in their way, truck stops are eyesores, and truckers are generally crude and not someone the public wants hanging around.

We've done it to ourselves.

Did you empty your ashtray out in the Walmart lot? Did you throw your pee bottles out on the ground? Did you cut that 4wheeler off in your 65mph truck because you thought you could pass the other 65mph truck?

Have fun better planning your day, skipping lunch because that 14hr clock is running... and parking on the shoulder of the interstate....cause there isn't anyplace else to park.

Isn't it funny how the government suddenly decided that personal conveyance could be used with a loaded CMV?? You know, as long as you're not actually driving toward your destination... but to the closest truckstop..and as far as shippers, or receivers getting you in and out quickly... yeah, no...

Just log personal conveyance and head over to the truckstop. Maybe there's a parking space.

Oh, and to all those smug types who quip about complying with the law... are you the same guys I see speeding through construction zones and 55mph speed limit areas??

scottied67 and Timin770 Thank this.
  11. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    If by pushing for ELD's the megas intentions were to eliminate the competition, i.e., 1 man dog & pony shows like me, they sorely failed.

My rates and demand for my services are higher than ever.

spyder7723 and trees Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.