ELD decals making you a target?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by ProfessionalLunatic, Jul 9, 2018.

1. ProfessionalLunatic

ProfessionalLunatic Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2017
    Bunnlevel
    It must be the way I pullover. I don't immediately pullover, I never have. I don't feel safe on the side of an intersrate. I turn on my hazards, and drop to 5 below what's posted to acknowledge that I'm being pulled over and ease up on an exit ramp. Could that be it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tuckerthetrucker

tuckerthetrucker Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2011
    south dakota
    Being asked for receipts etc doesn't happen often, but it only takes that one time to make you remember it happens and never want to go thru it again. My one time was in ID dot cop was having a very bad day and would have asked for a dna sample if he thought he could write a ticket from it. He didn't find anything wrong and was less than happy about it but let me go after an hour of going thru everything. I remember that day well., BTW I run big road abord but have never put the stickers on the truck. Have not been inspected with it yet.

4. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA

I drive northeast local / regional. Company driver for 4 years, just went O/O in January. My truck qualifies for the exemption, so I'm on paper - but I left the Qualcomm stickers on the truck. Since the mandate, I've been inspected exactly once. No questions about my paper logs. I did get waved over twice in New York and asked why I didn't have a HUT sticker, but wasn't inspected.

In 6 years I've been inspected 4 times, and not once have I been asked for any supporting documents. If I am ever asked for supporting documents, I won't have any in the truck. They immediately get mailed back to the office.

5. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I used to worry about having a spotless dash and interior but these ELD’s have given me a serious “Don’t give a #### anymore” attitude. I’ll leave my bag of potato chips up there if I want.

I’ve been waiting for those ####ers to inspect me since December... nothing. I’d like to tell them just what I think of what’s become of the trucking industry. I think they have my picture on a Least Wanted poster in the weigh stations—“Don’t pull this guy in unless you want to hear a lot of #####ing.”

Oxbow, Patrick615, stwik and 2 others Thank this.
  6. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    The first thing Ohio ask for is any reciepts for fuel, meals, tolls, then stresses ANYTHING. Grilled me like a piece of chicken about if I bought the truck to avoid ELD mandate. Wanted to know how long I have had it etc. So after ample time with my log book and a manilla enelope full of reciepts he writes me a ticket for driving in marked lanes. There was a box in the road I changed lanes with signal to avoid it. Went right back in the lane after it. I knew he was back there, me and him were the only 2 on the road.

The point when the whole deal went to hell in a hand bag was when he asked where was my ELD and instruction card

• Drivers of vehicles manufactured before the model year 2000. (As reflected on the vehicle registration)
    Who is exempt from the ELD rule?.

Wait here this needs to be laminated

Did this answer your question? If not, please email ELD@dot.gov

Need to blow up and laminated this for the poor DOT Cop. And owning the ride is none of his business.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2018
    Reason for edit: Phonr number removed
  7. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    I have been running ELD since before the ELD deadline . I'm running KT and have been asked for last 7 days 3 times in 16 months , very easy to deal with . I also had 1 inspection in that time and yes he searched my fridge for Alchohol. I run legit and maintain my truck , so far so good .

8. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
  9. cluemaster

cluemaster Bobtail Member

May 6, 2016
    That was in time of paperlogs when your logs were probably altered. I don"t see any reason why not provide supporting docs if you don"t hide anything...

10. JLMooreKCMO

JLMooreKCMO Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2007
    You need to get some priority mail enenvelopes and put old paperwork and fuel receipts in and seal when stopped . You only need show paper work for current load and I don't know if you ever have to show fuel receipts .

BoostedTeg Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.