ELD for Ram pick-ups anyone?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Ryan S2016, Jul 22, 2017.

1. OceanRoadsTransport

OceanRoadsTransport Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Cape Coral, FL
    I have been using the EZ-ELD by Stoneridge over a month and hate it.
    The app always crashes and logs you out. Stop too long at a light, and move again and it beeps at me.

Have an AT&T Big Road coming after the holidays to try out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RV transporter

RV transporter Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Kentucky
    You should reconsider the RM overdryve 8 . I have had it for 3 months now , it sucks . If you use the xm radio the mount will overheat , then the pins that make the connection will get weak as the springs in them heat up . When that happens it stops charging the battery. RM replaced my mount with another that does the same thing . Several other glitches .

4. Ryan S2016

Ryan S2016 Medium Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Western North Carolina
    I have Sirrus Xm in my truck through U-Connect so I wont be using that, my only trouble so far is getting the dash cam to not have the mount showing in the video, so far it's been awesome

5. OceanRoadsTransport

Aug 19, 2017
    Cape Coral, FL
    I hate my RM Overdrive!

Dash cam is junk! Had to buy another real dash cam.

Could not use the ELD to link to my Ram 5500, even tho RM said it would with an adapter. Had to buy another ELD.

Should have bought a GPS for 1/2 the price.

6. RV transporter

RV transporter Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Kentucky
    I wish I had bought the simple 7" RM .
    Interstates are rough , I've had mine fall off the magnetic base too many times to count

7. glenn71

glenn71 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    I've got the new Garmin with the dash cam and so far (6 months) it's been great. I had the rand Mcnally one with sat radio, but every time you hit a bump on 70 in IN it would go flying off the magnetic mount. Hasn't happened once with the Garmin.

8. Soundmanford

Soundmanford Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2017
    I'm running big road dashlink in my 2016 with a iPad Pro on sprint network. Works really well. Any of the solutions you can buy from loves or pilot are going to be junk

Ryan S2016 Thanks this.
  9. WellcoAutoTransport

WellcoAutoTransport Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2016
    Did you ever find a suitable solution? I am in the same position (2001 F-350). Too new to be exempt...too old to work with dashlink. Did Big Road not work at all?

10. flatbedcarrier

flatbedcarrier Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    Our owner operators, all driving 2015/2016/2017 Rams picked up transflow units from the pilot truck stops. Don't have a lot of use on them yet because we all took our winter vacation. I haven't heard of anyone having any problems with them yet though.

The reason they chose Transflow is because the ELD was only $107.99 and they could sign up for month to month service ranging from $20.00 to $40.00 a month depending on what extra services they chose. None of my owner operators, including me like this mandate. We're all still hoping it gets repealed at some point.

11. OceanRoadsTransport

Aug 19, 2017
    Cape Coral, FL
    So last week when my Stone Ridge EZ-ELD quit while running, I was used to unplugging it or kicking it to unplug.

Last time I kicked it I saw a wire came out of the plug harness.

Today I took it apart to fix the wire. After opening it up, I found the wire in question was actually pinched in one of the screws that hold the wire cover on. Such quality! haha

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.