ELD full compliance

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Scalemaster, Dec 12, 2019.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    I love my eld soon as set them brakes it’s within a second poof I’m in on duty not driving mode. Get passed 5mph and I’m driving. So if you see a creeper in parking lot go easy on him, he’s trying to not set crap off.

Badmon, PE_T, Lpirtle and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Forget that.

If no one is behind him, fine. But if my 14 is ticking away and I want to get going and he's creeping along with 4 other trucks behind (true story from S Beloit this afternoon) then dude needs to get lit up.

4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I bought a glider....

5. LoneRanger

Jun 3, 2018

Or you can drive around him instead of lighting him up.

6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    In my experience the idiot driving that slow is right in the middle and won't allow anyone around him.

FearTheCorn, Bakerman, Tb0n3 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. LoneRanger

Jun 3, 2018
    then you are in the right to light him up. If hes acting all stupid, but if nothing can be done as in one way road and he’s traveling 4mph in a truck stop just be patient all I’m saying.

8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    My patience has it's limits. One of those is putting up with idiots that can't plan properly and is getting in everyone's way because he can't do his job correctly. And yes, following HOS is doing one's job correctly.
    Now if he's just off to the side doing his thing out of the way, well he's out of the way....

sevenmph, Snailexpress and gentleroger Thank this.
  9. LoneRanger

Jun 3, 2018
    I get ya, but for me, I tend to start rolling a bit early before my 30 is done so that last minute for me is crawling to the fuel island to get in line, once again I scan the grounds to see how I can do it without bothering anyone.

I tend to drive slow on highways as to keep up low overhead costs yet make up the minutes losing that extra mph to things like getting around in truck stops, a year and a half in still have not caused bottle necks.

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    We have ag and no eld.

11. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Company is switching livehaul to all close in so no ELD needed, guess a few won't like that.

I picked up the premix left over from the long haul growers this week. No more overnight drives out and back in northern Iowa to southern MN.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.