ELD full compliance

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Scalemaster, Dec 12, 2019.

1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Who are you going with next? It seems like the most popular ones out there are Omnitracs and KeepTruckin. Omnitracs’ monthly service is about $31, but their device is in the $800s, unfortunately.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I just did that...so there are no pin point speeds shown anywhere but the engine shut offs and starts.
    I was misled by those KT reps...they don't even know their stuff.

Long FLD and PE_T Thank this.
  4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Is Garmin ELD fully compliant?

5. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

It seems very possible. Hahaha.

6. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    A violation with no citation is a warning, getting a warning for speeding in a car with no CDL is still a violation of law but doesn't affect you, they affect you with a CDL because back in the 80s truckers were clogging the courts fighting every ticket they got, which is where Roadlaw and those groups came from.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  7. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

They may not be entirely wrong. It is very possible that during an audit, they can have access to more information than just the ELD driver log.

8. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    No clue, young guy in the office who does payroll chooses.

PE_T Thanks this.
  9. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

The point I was trying to make and others have made as well is that a “warning” doesn’t mean anything on the inspection report. There is no listing for warnings, just for violations.

One of the problems with using the word “warning” is that it gives the impression of not getting in trouble and being given a “second chance” when it’s not true for CDL drivers. If you get a violation, you will get points that can become a serious problem if you accumulate too many.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    What it shows in the email is the same thing it shows on the admin page.

11. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I don’t know about KeepTruckin, but Omnitracs has more information than the ELD driver log. There is a document, for example, that gives GPS coordinates every few minutes along with the truck speed. There are also other documents that I haven’t bothered looking into.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.