ELD full compliance

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Scalemaster, Dec 12, 2019.

1. aaronpeterbilt3787

aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Well around where I live you cannot just simply obtain a CDL anymore. And how you stated it with graduated licensing and pay based on experience is exactly how it should be.
    A fair wage? For a driver, $30/hour plus per diem per day living out allowance. Tax free. An owner op? $90/hr.
    Here’s the point I respectfully disagree with you on. We are already heavily regulated, so why shouldn’t our earning be regulated to be profitable as well? Just my opinion. And yes I agree with your thinking on most points, but I for one am out. When I can get a job carrying a lunch pail still driving, and net more money than I can with owning a truck, why wouldn’t I? The system is severely broken.

Long FLD Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

If you ever need to stop, always turn on your 4-ways and open up your hood. If you’ll be there for more than 10 minutes, take out your triangles. This obviously is cheating but will work. The officer cannot cite you. Tell him the “stop engine” light turned on, and the truck speed derated, so you had to pull over right away. Or maybe you can come up with something else.

The best thing to do, however, is to avoid parking where there are “no parking” signs or at the freeway ramps even if there are no signs. I’ve been told that TVC will not help you if you were cited for being parked at a freeway ramp.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    InTooDeep Thanks this.
  4. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Yeah I shouldn't have told the truth should have went with I thought I felt a tire going down. Thing is there are always trucks parked there some even take their !0 hr there. Live and learn. First negative thing I've gotten in the 4 yrs running on my own so feel good about that. Knocking on wood.

PE_T Thanks this.
  5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Here's the link to the FMCSA site that shows the sample of the output file a.k.a eRods file.
    Not as bad as I thought.
    ELD - SMITH, JOHN - 0/18/2017

PE_T and Long FLD Thank this.
  6. MidwestGator

MidwestGator Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Yo
    Feel free to pm me the date and DOT number or your CDL # and state and I’ll look at it.

InTooDeep Thanks this.
  7. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    I'm good but thanks for the offer

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  8. MidwestGator

MidwestGator Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Yes that’s exactly what we see. Keep in mind this is just a test screenshot so none of the form and manner information is filled out. If the information is missing when a driver transfers, it’s a violation for every day in which it’s missing.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  9. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Good to know...
    The very Keep Truckin reps, I suspect them being located somewhere in Latin America, have no clue about the output file, each of them giving different answers, also sometimes, not very well informed about the very HOS in general. For instance, one of them argued with me vehemently that after 14/70 hours no on duty not driving status was allowed.
    It is important to know exactly what data is sent to the officials for the inspection. For instance, Keep Truckin records geographical coordinates every minute and at the same positional point, it shows the speed at which a vehicle travels, also there is something that they call a hard brake and rapid acceleration, but these are rarely accurate.

10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Where is this information at? I’ve never seen it with mine.

11. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Administrator Dashboard

e.g. if you click on a marked point on the map showing the trace of your trip it will show this:

9.9 mi NE of River Falls, WI
    E at 61 mph
    100.23°

then from that dashboard each driver has his scorecard and the hard accelerations, hard brakes, hard corners are accounted.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Long FLD Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.