ELD full compliance

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Scalemaster, Dec 12, 2019.

1. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Maybe,Just Maybe- We'll Get the likes of Werner to go out next and join celadon ,Ya know The Idiots that started the whole Electric Logs...

Come on Werner.....Get the CEO and CFO to join hands and Walk away from this mess with super deep pockets-All the while telling your grandkids super stories in front ofd the Fireplace with your Wives sitting thier with their Red and Green christmas stockings on...

CRST you can join em too- Anyone else?

Sure- ELD's the answer.......

Will the real truckers and go to 5....That is all

Robsti43130 and Swine hauler Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Calm down a bit before you go full blown B26CC69B-AE8A-4F59-B894-4BF12DB83745.jpeg

Badmon Thanks this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I’ll admit to not taking that precious 30 min break after 8 hours so I can get done sooner.

5. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

If your on a 12 hour time card you don't need the 30 minutes.

Slowpoke KW and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    True, but people still get offended about that. ;)

Slowpoke KW and jamespmack Thank this.
  7. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    Calm down you say...... I can’t get any calmer and still be awake.

8. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    The unit in the truck I drive has been acting up, and taking it to a place where it was losing contact with the cloud didn't help. 307k or thereabouts on the tractor, a bit less on the ELD. It needs work or replaced.

Company has 6 months more contract with the provider, and I was informed will look for something else, or hope to get away from them altogether by working drivers with the exemptions, the livehaul was exempt before, and will be shorthaul for the most part now. 72 miles out and a bit more back last night.

9. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    What's the issue with a 63 mph truck passing a 62 mph truck?

10. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    So the full fledged ELD mandate is in place as of 12/16/19. Everyone has to be hooked up to the ECM and the motion detection threshold is set for 5 mph. You can not reclassify driving - line 3 to neither Personal Conveyance nor Yard Move, even if it is an honest mistake, once it is there it stays there. A safety administrator can no longer reassign driving time to another driver, it is only possible for team operations.
    It is a drastic change, if you think abou it. If you move your truck during your break because someone wants more room to get in or get out from a tight adjacent spot and and you do it over 5mph you reset your break. You can enable PC evey time go off duty but you can't do it when you go to sleeper. Maybe it is less risky to forget about the sleeper and do all the breaks and rests off duty and then reclassify to sleeper, such changes could be visible to DOT by means of output file.
    I was told by Keep Truckin that output file is an ELD mandate requirement but they are not very clear in saying what it contains exactly, other than regular 8 days of logs. Is it their FMCSA standardized file format with some decryption which enables them a quicker transfer vs regular pdf file? Can it contain additional info such as speed, fuel mileage, hard brakes, rapid accelerations, idling time, when the truck was started or when shut off, perhaps some check engine codes - things that they have no business of knowing. Some of these, Keeptruckin have already been able to collect for the administrator dashboard with rather poor accuracy.

scottied67, PE_T and 062 Thank this.
  11. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I hope the day never comes when I’ll have to deal with all that mess.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.