ELD glitch or true HOS violation?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Lisab64, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Lisab64

Lisab64 Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Thanks to everyone who took time to reply.
    The incident happened and at the time couldn't be prevented.....I/we now know better and will ensure that it doesn't happen again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bank_Lbr

Bank_Lbr Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Yup.

watty Thanks this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    What, the truck would not stop anywhere? No, it could have been prevented. Your driver choose to run it.

watty and Bank_Lbr Thank this.
  5. Expeditor

Expeditor Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Does you're ELD not warn a driver when they are ready to go into violation? I know qualcomm did, I know big road does. Big road gives you a red clock when you are nearing a violation.
    The ELD mandate does not allow drive time to be edited. I'm not saying this is right because this is not what PC was made for. But Driver could've driven to within 45/30 minutes of his allowed drive time, then stop somewhere, go off duty, come back on PC, drive his 30 minutes. We are talking minutes on PC not hours, I'm pretty sure if he was stop LEO probably wouldn't question it.

6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    As has been stated, the 14th hour hit at 5:33 pm. Seeing as how he started and ended at the same location, assuming that has been the case for the previous 5 work days as well, he might have the 16 hour exception to use...but even THAT was used up at 7:33 pm (must be "released from duty within 16 hours", not just finished driving). Not being released from duty until 7:53 PM, he was in violation any which way you look at it for all drive time past the 14th hour.

ZVar and roshea Thank this.
  7. Expeditor

Expeditor Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2018
    You are correct, that's why I said that is not what PC was made for. PC has been abused, it's been around for 20 years and FMCSA finally got around to clarifying it this past Dec, the clarification went into effect this Jun 2018.
    The violation will show up on the carriers back office, but really means nothing, they will not get in trouble unless the company is audited and even if they were nothing will come of it.FMCSA will probably use it against the company if they get in trouble and get audited and the records show a pattern of HOS abuse.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's correct. You need 8 hours off or in berth to stop that clock on 14 hour workday.

9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Like mostly, you are wrong. It's 8 hours in the sleeper continuously. Off duty doesn't count (other than for the 2 portion)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.