ELD IS GOING AWAY !!!!!

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Dave_in_AZ, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Chasingthesky

Chasingthesky Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Not to mention, Pedigreed was arguing against systems that could be hacked in trucks on the premise of public safety. Yet doesn't care about planes at all because he personally doesn't use them.

Flawless logic.

tucker, daf105paccar and UsualSuspect Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    What this argument really amounts to is because some are neutered we all should be. Because some don't have a choice none of us should.

4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    The safety and security of planes is a matter that ought to be addressed by those who fly them and by those who ride in them. If the people directly affected by the safety and security of our planes don't feel it necessary to look into the vulnerabilities they are faced with, that's on them. As a truck driver, I am directly affected by the safety and security of these systems in the truck that I'm driving, because should the unthinkable happen it is me who will be blamed for the carnage that follows whether I was in control or if the truck was taken over by some mischievous punk on his computer. I'm not one to willingly yield control over my life.

wore out Thanks this.
  5. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Pedigreed i take pity on for living like a hunted rabbit.

Why bother to go to the effort off hyjacking a truck.
    Just take control off the central computer that controls the red lights and you can do much more damage.

UsualSuspect Thanks this.
  6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    I don't live "like a hunted rabbit". I take responsibility for my own well-being, without rely upon government or anyone else to look out for my safety or security. I refuse to be a "soft target". If somebody means to do me harm, let them face me like a man...not covertly from afar. If you want to hijack my truck, do it the old fashioned way...not from the safety of a remote computer hacking into my ECM.

tucker and wore out Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.