ELD makes drivers speed to beat the clock?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Timin770, Aug 14, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I would think I like to put in a 8 hour total day and get going again for another 8 hours at 7 am next morning. If dispatcher goes home at 4 PM I get to do so too. Minus fridays off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LovesHometime

LovesHometime Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I guess my comment didn't get posted because I wasn't logged in? The problem with elogs can be found in the comments. Drivers are denying that elogs force drivers to stop when they would rather drive or drive when it would be more beneficial to them to stop. The parking lots fill up faster than ever because their is no way to know if you can get farther down the road and find parking before the elog gives you a violation. Also with elogs, drivers don't have the leeway to break up a trip that is more efficient for them. Common sense should be that the driver is the one who is best in control of the situation that they are in. Pulling over to allow traffic to die down, rest when you feel like it, stop to break the monotony or to let bad drivers get away from you, etc... those things elogs simply don't allow a driver to do and still maintain efficiency. How are drivers forced to take a 10 break when they aren't tired or sleepy and then scheduled to drive when they are tired and sleepy? Of course the driver can stop when they want but how many times will a customer or company put up with late loads? If elogs work for you then good but stop trying to get people to think your single situation works for everyone.

Cabinover101 and Timin770 Thank this.
  4. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I think you’re confusing elogs for HOS rules.

ZVar, Long FLD and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You are trying to combine the two ELD and HOS which is two seperate problems.

HOS is a problem but I am long past caring. Stop is stop. Go is go. Pass the women and coffee etc.

ELD is a means of incurring violating against those who cannot abide by the HOS rules. It enables DOT to see engine data in RPM etc over time going back days to see where you have been cheating by crawling at 4 mph. (Most trucks wont take that without jerking ....)

I prefer HOS dating to 1962 but frankly I don't care anymore that truck is not going to move a inch even with a thousand angry dispatchers and a herd of wild horses...

6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    If you don't like HOS why are you in this industry? After all they have been around since before just about anyone on this fourm was born.
    Sure some of the specifics in HOS could be better, but if they are such a burden you can always go work in an industry that doesn't have them.

7. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    These ELD Huggers crack me up. NOW they advocate driving 4 mph on public roads to trick the ELD.

The majority of crashes happen because one or more vehicles exhibit unexpected motion: too fast, erratic lane changes, improper lane usage, and going too slow. The first thing drivers do when they see a very slow vehicle is try to get around and past it.

8. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA

Commander Cody !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.