ELD Mandate....Any O/O's left the business because of it?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by SteveScott, May 16, 2018.

1. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    This was before NY got the cops involved doing inspections.....it was just the orange coveralls out there no cops....~10-12 yrs ago

roadtech Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roadtech

roadtech Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Northeast
    Yeah,I think it's the one I have. The F-ELD 20.
    I think they're stopping support for it June 18th.
    I originally had the rand McNally ELD with the Rand McNally tablet. It worked good for 2 days then froze up constantly,called tech support,no one picked up on hold for over an hour. I brought it back and bought the F-ELD 20 and it works ok,has some issues but it works . I have to start looking around again to replace it .....sucks.

rank Thanks this.
  4. roadtech

roadtech Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Northeast
    Oh ok. I've had DOT cops rolling DOT me almost 20 years ago in NY State. Especially out on 17 by Horseheads before they did the bypass there . They used to be out there in the middle of the night looking for overweight trucks ( which I was one of sometimes ) they would chase you down like a bank robber and put you on the portables,I've had that happen a few times around 2-3am
    (Only got me once overweight ! Lol!, back when I did stupid things like that!)
    A friend of mine long out of the business,has the record running through there at night
    overweight and not getting caught 61 tons (122k ) in the trailer ,162k lbs gross. ..that's crazy. He eventually got caught with 45 tons in the trailer ,tandem trailer no permit. He got impounded and all said and done cost him $16,000 in fines. Not worth it......

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    RedForeman, Ruthless and rank Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.