Eld omnitracs ball and chain

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by GregoryRapsing, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    You really ought to go to this link before you post such nonsense.
    Supply Chain News: The Interesting History of Hours of Service Rules in the US.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Link is to a simplified outlining of specific changes not referencing who lobbied for and against those changes, it is useless except for a timeline history of changes.

If you seek to convince me im wrong, cite changes that include good faith actors that demonstrated what you have asserted via studies or even fmcsa/dot/(icc) reasoning and the studies behind them, remember though that i WILL look at who lobbied for what and why

4. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Bottom line...... HOS Regs have been around since the mid 1930's.

5. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    So? Longevity of a regulation or law is not an arguement for it. If that was a valid point, the 3/5ths compromise would still be on the books as being just.

(You know, the one about slaves being counted as 3/5s of a person as far as the census is concerned, and thereby giving high population slave states a larger representation in congress)

6. true blue

true blue Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    Look for a job with someone who has a pre-eld truck. Run paper logs (loose-leaf). Much safer and you drive when you're alert and sleep when you're tired. Been doing it that way since the 70's - works just fine for me! And when Trump gets back in (and he will...very soon), then we can rejoin the efforts to get rid of the stupid regs and the ####### ELD's.

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Well here is the thing that you and many others miss, there is a serious reason why HOS are even there.

It has nothing to do with the drivers being slaves but the opposite.

It is there to stop the abuse of drivers by the company who tell the driver to work or else they are fired.

If anyone took the time to read the debates over HOS in congress and the testimony of the drivers, you guys would not believe the crap these companies pulled on drivers.

if you think you need to drive 14 hours and all of that crap, then you don’t get that most people can’t do what you do and the regs are there for them more than you.

8. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana

I missed that did i?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.