Eld repeal, odds?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Andystrans, Oct 27, 2019.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That's not cheating. You're not advancing a load. You're pretty tunnel visioned

alds and peterd Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Pot meet kettle :confused:

Andystrans Thanks this.
  4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    I signed the petition yesterday, would be good if all drivers who dont agree with Elogs to do the same.

Andystrans Thanks this.
  5. Andystrans

Andystrans Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2018
    Pretty sure TIMIN770 comment was sarcasm, I may be wrong. On a side note kind of ridiculous that drivers have to do this.

6. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    There are some idiots that will cause accidents due to trying to beat the clock, but to paint every accident with the same brush, the exact issue every one has with HOS, is preposterous. There is more flexibility in the rules than people know. It goes back to planning. Sometimes there are unforeseen issues. Others can be avoided. For instance I try my best not to run through major cities during peak hours. Waste of time. Sometimes I have to, but most times I will start a break on the spot. The 8 hr split is great. That's considerable flexibility there. Mainly because there are 2 hrs that become meaningful when you go to pick up or drop off a load. Anyway, the "beat the clock" mentality is only a mind thing. 11 hours is a whole day of driving. 14 hours is a day and three quarters work in one shift. Why do people feel so rushed? You may have 14 hour shifts, but it can be spread over the whole 24 clock so I don't get the rush. The eld ain't nothing but a time keeping machine bro.

alds Thanks this.
  7. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    What you said is the truth. Folks can't get with the times, they cant adapt as you say. Totally agree. It does make me chuckle that so many people did not sign the petition. I didn't sign it because it makes no difference how I log. I just come to work.

alds Thanks this.
  8. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Maybe, maybe not.

9. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Thats the real problem, alot of times we just need a little more time to get the load delivered. But now we have the Elog, and alot of these companies are still dispatching loads like we are still on paper. Speeding up to beat the clock was common for me, not to make more money, but to get the friggin load delivered on time. especially when Id be held up at the shipper, accident, or whatever.

Brandt Thanks this.
  10. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Driver's with dedicated runs will have alot less issues with Elogs. Otr reefer drivers is a different story.

11. Andystrans

Andystrans Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2018
    Never said every accident was caused because of the eld mandate, but to have the highest year of fatal accidents in 30 years happened the same year the eld mandate went into affect. It’s reasonable to assume the ELD mandate may have contributed. Again it was promised to save lives and reduce the number, somehow the 1st year data shows the exact opposite. I’m sure thats not what the fmcsa wanted to have seen, but it was predicted by some. Your right eld is just a time keeping machine, but it lacks the flexibility that paper logs offered. That’s why the increase in fatal accidents I believe. You no longer can go 1 hr over without for sure getting a violation because it’s recorded. Before it was paper logs and while there was a risk drive past the 11hr it wasn’t a guarantee that you would get a violation. Some would take that risk others wouldn’t. please stop calling me your “bro” where not in high school “bro”.

Timin770 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.