ELD---Which One

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by blessedman, Jun 17, 2017.

1. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I can see these settings, but not where it changes to Aobrd

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    From home screen
    Fleet Tab
    Trucks
    Edit

4. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    AOBRD setting requirements still track movement of truck on any program.

Here's video from BigRoad on difference between AOBRD & ELD

5. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Everything you need is included in their MATERIALS section and training videos.

6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Yep, it's already in AOBRD mode, starts recording at 5mph

7. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Yard moves

Using ELDs

Yard Moves: A driver can record periods of yard moves.

How will the ELD display screen or printout reflect special driving categories; yard moves and perso

How will the ELD display screen or printout reflect special driving categories; yard moves and personal conveyance?

While not required, if the motor carrier configured the driver user account to authorize a special driving category, then the graph-grid will overlay periods using a different style line (such as dashed, dotted line, or shading) in accordance with section 4.8.1.3(c)(1) of the ELD Functional Specifications. The appropriate abbreviation must also be indicated on the graph-grid.

If the motor carrier does not configure the driver user account to authorize special driving categories, then the driver must annotate the beginning and end of the applicable special driving category.

8. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    What are you expecting exactly? Regs require recording truck motion in either AOBRD OR ELD. That's why I posted the "Yard Moves" option ;-)

9. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I need it to switch from off duty to driving at 20mph, like Rand McNally is set up now, but not at 5mph, as ELD law requires

10. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Rand McNally's AOBRD setting allows you to now & will continue to allow you to (after the ELD Mandate goes into effect) drive 20 mph off duty without any annotations on the log?

I know that the admin of a Rand account is allowed to set the radius of distance the log starts after the truck moves, however, I think after Dec. 17th the mandate requires if to click on at the 5 mph level. When I worked in the office I set the radius at 3 miles for our trucks.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  11. Turtles

Turtles Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2011
    AOBRDs that were installed and in service before 9/15/17 are allowed a grace period until 9/15/19. You can't move them from truck to truck, and any new installs after 9/15/17 must be ELDs. This is what UPS was complaining about, they didn't want two different devices. They were told that if it was a problem, they could go to all ELDs. They currently are running a mixed fleet.

The Rand devices are the same hardware, but the software is different. You can reload the software to make it an ELD but it is a one way trip. It's a company call when to upgrade AOBRDs to ELDS, and if they want to deal with a mixed fleet.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.